• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Signs in Blue Mountain Beach

New posts

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Is anyone else concerned about the dozens of 25 mph yellow signs that homeowners are posting in their yards on 30A in Blue Mountain Beach? It’s unsightly and I would think it’s against the law? My concern is that if this is allowed there it will set a trend for homeowners in other neighborhoods to start posting speed limit signs...why isn’t DOT installing speed limit signs in this area? The sheriffs department needs to enforce the speed limit..Wishful thinking I suppose
 
Eyesore for sure. But I bet the residents are exasperated with reckless drivers. I bet a few signs with the outline of kids playing would work better though. Even cute handmade ones.

Nothing is as bad as the humongous realtor signs though. Totally ruining Scenic 3oa.
 
Y'all must not know that there was a fatality in Blue Mountain Beach earlier this year and residents finally got the attention of local police to start ticketing speeders. The signs are another part of the campaign to get folks to slow down. I applaud the resident who got the signs printed up and we have one in front of our place. I think they look fine, and what's more, THEY'RE WORKING!
 
The shame is that there is a special code section that addresses the size of realtor signs on the scenic 30a corridor; however, the realtors ignore the law for their own benefit and the County refuses to enforce same.
Totally agree about the realtor signs. As much of an eyesore as these tacky yellow speed limit signs.
 
Y'all must not know that there was a fatality in Blue Mountain Beach earlier this year and residents finally got the attention of local police to start ticketing speeders. The signs are another part of the campaign to get folks to slow down. I applaud the resident who got the signs printed up and we have one in front of our place. I think they look fine, and what's more, THEY'RE WORKING!
Fully aware of the tragic accident on 30A in BlueMountain Beach. Seeing that the residents got the attention of the police why aren’t the police posting the proper speed limit signs that are allowed by law? I’d rather see a flashing light that posts the speed of an approaching vehicle then dozens of twisted tacky looking yard signs. They are actually distracting going around the curve.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top