• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Snake ?

New posts
Sounds like it was probably a red rat snake... we've seen quite a few around our house in Pt. Washington lately. This is a close-up:
View attachment 8650

Here are a couple of other snakes that color:
View attachment 8651
Scarlet king snake (harmless). Coral snakes look similar, but red and yellow bands touch on the poisonous coral snakes.

View attachment 8652
Copperhead. Poisonous, but not likely what you saw. Some are more orange tinted like this one, but most around here are more brown and tan.
 
It looked redder, but pretty close - can't bear to try and google snake pics :blush:.

My yard is like wild kingdom this week - feral cats roaming, possums hissing, and a snake!

More like this? This is the RED RAT Snake.
red-rat10.jpg



.
 
Last edited:
I love the "missing cat sign!!!" :funn:It's like the urban legend of the couple who adopts a sewer rat!

It was the red rat snake Rita posted! :blush:

HATE snakes - icky!
 
I think the better picture would have been this morning when I did a little soft shoe routine in the driveway when a magnolia leave touched my foot and I went "bad word, I forgot to look for the snake!" :funn:
 
I love SoWal.com. It's where I come to get updated on all the exciting snake news in the county.

Last time I was down at our place, I had to turn off the water main to work on a plumbing leak. There was a 4 foot black snake coiled up in the box that contains the water meter. I jumped and screamed like a little girl (and trust me, I'm not a little girl.) Neighbors came running to make sure I as OK.

I had to fish out the snake with a rake (now officially named "the snake-rake") before turning off the water. I shooed it into the neighbors yard.

I hate snakes.

bdub
 
Scooter, I'm with ya on the snakes. Yikes and Yuck.:shock: I'm shivering just thinking about it because I go out with flip-flops on only if I remember to actually put shoes on. I don't go in the grass without shoes, but snakes can be anywhere! UGH!

I'll stay with the animals we have seen in our backyard... We did have a cute turtle in our backyard last week that looked like he was doing the turtle version of the happy-dance.... very slow sticking his/her legs as far up in the air as a turtle can. It was grayt! Last year, we had a momma rabbit stay for winter and give birth to 2 baby rabbits. We've had the tortoise and the hare!:biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top