• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Snapper at $20.00!

New posts
I don't understand. The guys who work behind the fish counter at WaterCooler Publix have told me on more than one occasion that their shrimp was coming from Indonesia. All I'm saying is that with only two seafood markets in town, and WC Publix being expensive, the local seafood places can charge more because their competitors also charge more. No one peed in my shrimp, except for maybe some drunken fishermen or some crabs.

I apologize, I read your OP out of context. I thought you were saying that WaterColor Publix was somehow undercutting local competition. They are of course as they can buy on a larger scale, but my understanding was that the Indonesian shrimp were usually "dumped" on the US market.
 
IIRC, Publix in WC has a little card for each of its seafood items that identifies country of origin, also fresh or previously frozen.
 
I was told that chickens are caged above the overseas shrimp. The chickens poop into the water and this is what the shrimp eat. If the chickens are fed ground dried shrimp could mad shrimp disease be far behind? Crustacean spongiform encephalopathy.
 
I was told that chickens are caged above the overseas shrimp. The chickens poop into the water and this is what the shrimp eat. If the chickens are fed ground dried shrimp could mad shrimp disease be far behind? Crustacean spongiform encephalopathy.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:TMI - I am erasing that picture from my mind! I knew there was a reason I only purchase Wild Caught American.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top