• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

snow crab?

New posts
the only place I've ever had them is at Pompano Joe's over in Miramar Beach, toward Destin. Get the grilled ones, and ask for extra napkins.
 
Elmo's Grill near the west end of 30A has All-U-Can eat snow crab on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. I think it's $25 pp.
 
If you are on the East end of 30-A you could go to Bayou Bills. They have great steamed crab legs and other steamed items, fried items, etc.

What I usually do is go to Publix or Winn Dixie , buy them in the seafood dept. (they are frozen) have them steam them for free or do them yourself back at your place. You will get alot more and save some $$....:wave:
 
Heading down there this weekend and the hubby loves snow crab legs. Anyone know the best place to get them?

Thanks!

I bought 2 lbs today at Publix in Watercolor on sale for 4.99/lb...
Already cooked and wonderful...

P.S. This isn't really the place for crab. Try grouper, shrimp and the last of the cobia (sp?)... 2 cents, G
 
Thanks!

If you are on the East end of 30-A you could go to Bayou Bills. They have great steamed crab legs and other steamed items, fried items, etc.

What I usually do is go to Publix or Winn Dixie , buy them in the seafood dept. (they are frozen) have them steam them for free or do them yourself back at your place. You will get alot more and save some $$....:wave:


Great idea! I didn't even think of that. We're trying to eat as cheaply as possible since the gas to get down there is crazy expensive. Crab legs are a huge treat for him. He won't leg himself indulge often and he saves it for going out of town on vacation. Thanks for the idea!
 
I'm scared to eat King Crab which costs only $4.99 per pound. Go get you some local seafood. There's plenty of it around.
 
I'm scared to eat King Crab which costs only $4.99 per pound. Go get you some local seafood. There's plenty of it around.
generally it is not 4.99 a pound but it is on sale this week. I have eaten it many times and I ain't dead yet - crazy? yes!!!:lol:
 
I'm scared to eat King Crab which costs only $4.99 per pound. Go get you some local seafood. There's plenty of it around.

Don't be scared away just because it is such a good deal...

It's not king crab- it's snow crab. It is on sale at Publix which is a pretty dependable place. They most likely get it from the same source as most other wholesalers and retailers in the country...

All that said, I agree with JOe. If you are vacationing here- why would you order crab? Get you something fresh and local...

Order the crab when you go to New England or the Pacific Northwest. I think that is where a lot of it comes from...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top