I "escape" to SoWal a few time a year for rest and relaxation alone (and sometimes with friends, sometimes with the whole family, and sometimes just with the kids), so our cottage serves many wonderful purposes. I will miss the kids terribly when the day comes when they move away (only 4.5 years for one child and 6.5 for the other before they go off to college -- yikes). I used to say that I'd be dressed in black holding onto their ankles sobbing "my baby, my baby" while they walked to the car to head off to college (this is where my Italian background may make me a tad too dramatic...) . But now I have a different picture of the future -- as soon as they go, I'll have a bit of a cry and then head right down SoWal for a little beach perspective, fine dining, etc. It will take a bit of the sting out of the kids moving out on their own.