• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

So.. how are things looking one week after Dennis?

New posts
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

The water looks inviting and feels great. :D

We're getting our sand hump back along the waters edge. I expect this week's full moon tide will bring a good bit of sand up, and Emily might kick the surf and wind up a bit which might help. I had a dream last night that Emily's track had her doing a 180 curve at the Texas coast over to the west coast of Florida, and then a crazy northward S curve right into the panhandle. :eek: :lol:
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

Kurt, I had that same "wouldn't-it-be-awful-if Emily..." thought too as I was looking out our window at our 9th day of clouds and rain. According to the weather people here is Louisville, we are still under the influence of some low pressure system left behind by Dennis. I knew he was going to get me one way or another! I will make sure he doesn't follow us down this weekend!
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

Just a question. South Walton Fire is showing double red. Does this mean that the beaches are closed to swimmers? If so, is this being enforced?

Thanks
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

wilsonlc said:
Just a question. South Walton Fire is showing double red. Does this mean that the beaches are closed to swimmers?

Yes.

If so, is this being enforced?

Not really.

Thanks

:D
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

I wondered about Emily too..hopefully she'll stay west where she belongs. Although I feel awful saying that.. looks like Mexico really got a beating last night. :(
And hi Jdarg.. I'm in Louisville also, and am not enjoying the remnants of Dennis either.. to me, this drizzle is just a reminder that Seagrove got hit. :(
Just curious, why is the water still closed? Debris?
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

I was very suprised but happy to see the beach in Seaside so crowded. I heard they would only let people who were staying in Seaside go on the beach. I guess that's why they had a guy behind Roly Poly making sure no "trespassers" went by.
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

wilsonlc said:
Just a question. South Walton Fire is showing double red. Does this mean that the beaches are closed to swimmers?

I had wondered about that too. Every time I check that site, it's showing double red. I thought maybe they just hadn't updated their website in a month. :blink:
 
Re: So.. how are things looking at one week?

BeachDreamer said:
I had wondered about that too. Every time I check that site, it's showing double red. I thought maybe they just hadn't updated their website in a month. :blink:

I think they update it a couple of times a day. It has the time of the last update on it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top