• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

So.. how are things looking one week after Dennis?

New posts
I've been checking daily. They usually update it once a day in the morning. Today (the 19th) it's still double red. :( I was hoping by now it would have changed. We are coming over on Saturday. I'm still hoping.
 
Beach Runner said:
We survived Dennis, and now my husband is in Asia with a typhoon headed at him. I don't believe it!

Poor guy! Let us know how it goes!
 
:( Changed to RED this afternoon. Rats!

I drove up to Barnes & Noble this afternoon on Old 98. The water color (at least from a distance) looked much better than just a few days ago. Still a lot of sargasso rolling up on the beach.

A lot of heavy equipment on the beaches and it appears sand has been trucked in in some areas.

Crab Trap has re-opened, but Pompano Joe's and WhalesTail still closed.
 
drsvelte said:
:( Changed to RED this afternoon. Rats!

I drove up to Barnes & Noble this afternoon on Old 98. The water color (at least from a distance) looked much better than just a few days ago. Still a lot of sargasso rolling up on the beach.

A lot of heavy equipment on the beaches and it appears sand has been trucked in in some areas.

Crab Trap has re-opened, but Pompano Joe's and WhalesTail still closed.

The surf has been high due to Emily.

The county is bringing in sand there to replace all the sand they had brought in that was lost during arlene and Dennis.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top