• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Soft shelled crabs?

New posts

Douglas the Intrepid

Beach Fanatic
Can anyone recommend the best place on 30a for soft shelled crabs? I have a date tonite who specifically requested these and I have no experience locally with this particular delicacy! We will also have two 9 year old girls with us, so that changes the dynamics a little too! lol Thanks for any input! :D
 
If you don't mind the short drive, Acme Oyster House in BayTowne (?) has great ones! That is always a fun place for kids too. :wave:
 
I don't go to Baytowne too often, but I thought I remember hearing that ACME had closed the Baytowne location. You might want to call first.

Chef Ed at Bud and Alley's, had a soft shell crab app special on the menu a month or so ago, and it was the best I've ever eaten.
 
Hi,

Here at Shorty's Surfside and Topside in Grayton Beach, we have a great Softshell Crab Entree for Dinner:

Henry’s Crab n’ Grits – 18.50​
Henry’s favorite. A crispy fried jumbo soft shell crab over our cheese grits and drizzled with jalapeno b?arnaise sauce.

We also have a great kids menu for kids under 12 years old.

Kids’ Menu​
(12 and under please.)​
​
Served with Fries or baked Mac n’ Cheese.

5oz. Burger – 4.50​
​
Grilled Chicken Sandwich – 3.75​
​
Hot Pup – 3.25​
​
PB & J Sandwich – 4.00​
​
Grilled Cheese – 3.00​

You can check out our Menus at: SHORTY'S SURFSIDE & TOPSIDE | GULF FRONT DINING AND LIBATIONS | GRAYTON BEACH FLORIDA

And we have live entertainment from Wednesday through Saturday from 7:00 'til . . . Tonight, Dan Hall will be performing!

Henry and Staff
 
Shorty, that sounds fabulous!

Now, I'm craving soft shelled crabs - one of my favorite things to eat!
 
Nothing like a soft shell crab right out of the water. Puts oysters to shame. I've only done it once, but it was unreal on flavor.

I would definitely recommend Shorty's. Other places are great, but don't generally have them as set menu items.
 
Can anyone recommend the best place on 30a for soft shelled crabs? I have a date tonite who specifically requested these and I have no experience locally with this particular delicacy! We will also have two 9 year old girls with us, so that changes the dynamics a little too! lol Thanks for any input! :D

we HIGHLY recommend shorty's. if i liked soft shelled crabs . . . shorty's would be my choice. i actually ordered the grits and crab, and the BODY was good - just couldn't make myself eat the legs and FEET! ugh. not shorty's fault - it is in my head. or the crab's feet. anyway - shorty's is awesome, and i'm sure she will like the soft shelled crab. the grits are wonderful!! the kids should like it as well. :D
 
Yep, I have Soft Shell Crabs on my menu tonight.

Crispy Fried Soft shell Crab with Old fashion Coleslaw, Aromatic Tomato Broth and Basil Aioli
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top