• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Some Folks Just Don't Get It

New posts

toofargone

Beach Lover
Doing my usual lurking but had to post. In Kurt's most recent pictures (great as usual), two jumped out at me. In one, there is a person drinking a bottled beverage on the beach (glass breaks). Just bring cans to the beach. The other picture is of the people in the jeep with the surfboard. There appears to be two small children sitting in grown ups laps :idontno: :( ; not in car seats.
I know all of you will say they will be careful with the bottles or the jeep was only going two blocks at 10 mph, but you never know.

Poor decisions......
 
Doing my usual lurking but had to post. In Kurt's most recent pictures (great as usual), two jumped out at me. In one, there is a person drinking a bottled beverage on the beach (glass breaks). Just bring cans to the beach. The other picture is of the people in the jeep with the surfboard. There appears to be two small children sitting in grown ups laps :idontno: :( ; not in car seats.
I know all of you will say they will be careful with the bottles or the jeep was only going two blocks at 10 mph, but you never know.

Poor decisions......
Car seats on beach buggies? That is something I have never seen before.

Our children ride in the back of the hillbilly wagon.....with adults telling them to sit down and hold on. The little ones sit on laps. I'm sure it is not the safest means of travel but no one has been seriously injured in 50+ years. :D
 
Car seats on beach buggies? That is something I have never seen before.

Our children ride in the back of the hillbilly wagon.....with adults telling them to sit down and hold on. The little ones sit on laps. I'm sure it is not the safest means of travel but no one has been seriously injured in 50+ years. :D

I saw 2 baby seats in the back of a jeep last week it was a very happy looking family. :D
 
Beach Buggy? Looked like a jeep to me. People look the other way as long as it benefits their situation.

It sets a bad example. :yikes:
 
I imagine they are just driving on the beach. I think it's pretty safe! Or at least I can think of 1 million things that would be worse! :D
 
They had to drive on roads to get to and from the beach! No reason for kids to not be in a car seat or seatbelt.

I am constantly amazed that people don't wear seatbelts 100% of the time! There are some REALLY stupid reasons that they give too!
 
They had to drive on roads to get to and from the beach!
Not necessarily.... I have on many occasions met friends or just hitched a ride with someone from the beginning of the boardwalk that was nice enough to offer a ride when they saw me trying to get 2 kids (+all THAT entails) down to waters edge.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top