• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Something interesting...

New posts
Very neat. Can you make all those numbers makes sense w/o me having to actually go read? :wave:
 
I think our best bet is to ignore the space numbers (aka mumbo jumbo) and just look up....:lolabove:

That works for me. Anything with specific numbers that I am supposed to figure out like that makes my brain fart, kind of like the thread regarding Miss Kitty's rep bar farting.:floor:
 
C'mon - it's not rocket science!!


Ok, maybe it is...:biggrin:

Satellite is the International Space Station
Duration is for 1, 3, 4 minutes
The Max Elev, Approach, and Departure are the # of degress above the horizon that you would see it passing along with which direction it will be coming.

Good luck! And don't forget your foil hats while your watching as you never know what's really passing by!! :cool:
 
C'mon - it's not rocket science!!


Ok, maybe it is...:biggrin:

Satellite is the International Space Station
Duration is for 1, 3, 4 minutes
The Max Elev, Approach, and Departure are the # of degress above the horizon that you would see it passing along with which direction it will be coming.

Good luck! And don't forget your foil hats while your watching as you never know what's really passing by!! :cool:

:floor::floor::floor::floor:
 
My dad told me he could see the Space Station, without a telescope. Here is a link to find out when you can see it in our area... Now - the closest place they have listed is Destin, so we can try this weekend to see it. He said it looks like a moving star or airplane far away. Good luck!

Maybe. But I tell you I can't read a menu without my readers so I bet I have trouble finding something in the sky without a telescope. :blink:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top