• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Something is different this season

New posts

AAbsolute

Banned
I think something is different this year. There is more seasonal traffic on 30A than the last two years. I sense a collective optimism.
 
Last edited:
I think something is different this year. There is more seasonal traffic on 30A then the last two years. I sense a collective optimism.
i sure hope so for all the folks in walton county....we need everyone to talk about the opportunities that lie ahead
 
I agree. done there the first week in march the traffice on 30a was very thick and crowds on 30-a were big
 
I'd be interested in hearing from businesses as to tourist spending so far.
 
I'd be interested in hearing from businesses as to tourist spending so far.

Me too. It is interesting to me to see all the creative thinking going on. ie how can I serve the customer and still profit? What is this year's customer looking for?

It's my belief that any retail or restaurant business that survives this recession is going to be very formidable on the other end of it. The simple reason is that the times demand that people be very good at what they do, and be truly in touch with what the customer wants. Sadly even some of the good ones won't make it.
 
Yes, tourist spending would be interesting. An uptick possibily from families foregoing the ski vacate or air travel vacate during these times. 30A has historically served the SE and 2 tanks of gas for a family of 5 is much cheaper than 5 plane tickets. Are they going to spend anything after getting there.... I imagine that the area publix down there will have record seasons with more people opting to dine in than out, and more opting to RR on the free beach vs. being entertained by the various pay activities. Hey "hope SPRINGS eternal" right
 
Amazingly, bookings for spring break and the summer have been steady and brisk. This year should end up being the same as the last several years.
Go figure:confused:
 
Basmati's was more crowded last night than I have ever seen it!
Patrons were parking on 30-A as the parking lot was full. We were lucky to snare a small table on the porch. Reservations are now a given when we go out. I also noticed JC's was packed.
I am so happy for our restauranteurs:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top