• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

South Walton High A School

New posts

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
South Walton High Got an A!!!!!!! I did not know what section to put this under because it is such good news for all of SOWAL!!!! They went from a C school to an A! This is unprecedented, especially for a high school! Congrats to all the parents, teachers and students! Now all SOWAL schools are A level! People always ask me before they move here about the school system. Guess what? The proof is in the grade!!! Way to GO! :clap_1: Just another great reason to live in SOWAL!

Proud Local,

Bobby J
 
:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:
This is great news Bobby J and something you all should be very proud of.
Way to go!
 
Very, very proud of SWHS's progress! And so VERY proud of Emerald Coast Middle's A score for its first year! :D

I am confused about one thing...the NWFL Daily News reported that Butler Elementary fell from an A to a B, but I've been all over the FCAT web site and I can't figure out why. Performance seemed consistent with last year. :idontno:

Congrats to our schools - and our kids!!!
 
ShallowsNole said:
Very, very proud of SWHS's progress! And so VERY proud of Emerald Coast Middle's A score for its first year! :D

I am confused about one thing...the NWFL Daily News reported that Butler Elementary fell from an A to a B, but I've been all over the FCAT web site and I can't figure out why. Performance seemed consistent with last year. :idontno:

Congrats to our schools - and our kids!!!

I was informed they had an A. I may have been misinformed... Anyone know for sure?????
 
I'm sure someone else knows the real answer, but I do remember that last year there was some concern about whether or not Butler would get an A again last year (they did) because progress had to be shown that the school was improving. That meant that the already good scores had to get even better. I think some of it also has to do with how the kids that scored low in the past scored this year. These are all guesses!
 
This is good news for me..if I move there and my daughter comes to live with me she will be entering the 11th grade at that point...good to know the high school will be up to par!!!:clap_1:
 
Bobby J said:
South Walton High Got an A!!!!!!! I did not know what section to put this under because it is such good news for all of SOWAL!!!! They went from a C school to an A! This is unprecedented, especially for a high school! Congrats to all the parents, teachers and students! Now all SOWAL schools are A level! People always ask me before they move here about the school system. Guess what? The proof is in the grade!!! Way to GO! :clap_1: Just another great reason to live in SOWAL!

Proud Local,

Bobby J

It is because of all the SoWal High students that read this board. Their reading comprehension has improved dramatically. Also they are not out getting into trouble but instead are spending quality time on their computers. We also encourage all our SoWal High myspace friends to stay off drugs and concentrate on their studies in math and science.
 
:clap_1: Congrats SoWal! This is one more wonderful thing about the area. We moved to our neighborhood in our town because the schools are known to be very good to excellent (though we don't always get "A"s, it's still pretty consistently good). It makes a difference when parents are involved.

So, congrats again, SoWal.
 
Bobby J said:
South Walton High Got an A!!!!!!! I did not know what section to put this under because it is such good news for all of SOWAL!!!! They went from a C school to an A! This is unprecedented, especially for a high school! Congrats to all the parents, teachers and students! Now all SOWAL schools are A level! People always ask me before they move here about the school system. Guess what? The proof is in the grade!!! Way to GO! :clap_1: Just another great reason to live in SOWAL!

Proud Local,

Bobby J

That is great news :cool: . Now I can justify moving down there. :biggrin:
 
kurt said:
It is because of all the SoWal High students that read this board. Their reading comprehension has improved dramatically. Also they are not out getting into trouble but instead are spending quality time on their computers. We also encourage all our SoWal High myspace friends to stay off drugs and concentrate on their studies in math and science.

Did the FCATs add a "smiley section"? :idontno: ;-)

Seriously, that IS good news. I'm with RO ... it's a good excuse to relocate ... :scratch:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top