• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWal's simple rules

New posts
laurawood said:
17. stay out of the way of any large pickup truck, or any car with a ton of stickers. chances are they are a local and are sick of sharing the road with tourists.

" if it's tourist season, why can't we shoot em?"


.only suppose to be funny, dont be offended.
Just ignore me when I yell back at you and present my middle finger with pride. You know I still luv ya. ;-)
 
katie blue said:
Well...there are a few scowlers out there. Here's a story.

There's a lady who most of us Seacresters have passed at one time or another, who has a ...certain kind of pet...she carries around on the beach. And she's infamous for being a bit of a curmudgeon, with her verbal threats and/or angry stares at all people who are walking their dogs on the beach. She tells everyone with dogs "don't you know you're breaking the law, dogs aren't allowed on this beach!". To which we always pleasantly reply "Yes ma'am, she is legal, we are Walton county homeowners and she is permitted." Angry stare ensues. Admittedly, one time she had a point, because Bailey slipped off leash and rushed her (wagging, as always.) But whenever people are in distant sight, we keep her on leash, and within the legal hours.

Funny thing is, the pet she carries around is most likely not permitted, (because there's probably no provision for that kind of pet). And I betcha dollars to donuts it poops. But it's OK, she's just part of the scene, like a crabby old aunt you kind of love anyway. And before long, she's gone and someone else passes, who misses their dog back home and is SO glad to meet Bailey. And they smile. The end.
She just "loves" my BIRD dog named Copper...
 
i didnt believe you were a tourist smiling joe. I was assuming you were just a transplant, and a welcome one at that.
dont knock people who live in doublewides, mines only 15 miles south of the alabama line!!

"the seas in my veins, the tradition remains, I'm just glad I dont live in a trailer"....jimmy buffet.
 
I have a question for all. I write a column for 30A Review and was wondering if I used this thread as my next subject if anyone would have a problem. I will source SoWAl.com. It will get the rules out there more and I will expand on it. Kurt, ok with you!!!! Thanks,

Bobby J
 
Bobby J said:
I have a question for all. I write a column for 30A Review and was wondering if I used this thread as my next subject if anyone would have a problem. I will source SoWAl.com. It will get the rules out there more and I will expand on it. Kurt, ok with you!!!! Thanks,

Bobby J
What a great idea! A humorous, but serious, article!
 
Biff said:
14.


Please don't let your children; or your grandparents for that matter take their loaf of wonder bread; disseminate into 100,000,000 pieces, over our families beach area ..... wait until the end of the day like midnight when there are no families on the beach to get pooped on .........................
GOOD ONE Biff!!! Those things SKEER ME! :eek:
 
Bobby J said:
I have a question for all. I write a column for 30A Review and was wondering if I used this thread as my next subject if anyone would have a problem. I will source SoWAl.com. It will get the rules out there more and I will expand on it. Kurt, ok with you!!!! Thanks,

Bobby J

We could use a few thousand more members! Make sure you check out the links I posted above for some more discussion. And be sure to post your writings on the forum. ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top