• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SoWell on Sowal

New posts

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
okay my little fitness wannabees... here it is. and thanks for deciding on this thread name. After sharing our goals and strategies for fitness and weight reduction, we'll all be sowell on sowal!!!

Cork and I are doing at least one yoga/pilates class per week now. plus we bicycled the other day (almost killed me). and plan to do exercise on our own at home as well.

as far as diet and weight reduction, we haven't really gotten very far. I'm reading two current resources for motivation and just general info: Body for Life for Women (A Woman's plan for Physical and Mental Transformation) - Pamela Peeke, MD, and The Reality Diet (fight fat with fiber) - Schnur, MD. They are both really straightforward, no nonsense approaches to weight loss - and include a lot of info on weekly menus, exercise, etc.

I know that I will need a menu plan to follow in the first 3 months of my "transformation". If I have a reasonable menu to follow, then I don't mind shopping and cooking. Having it all planned out makes it easier for me, and it makes me eat things that I would otherwise avoid or not think about eating (it expands the culinary experience)...

What are your goals? I need to finish up some of my reading and then I plan to put my goals on paper, along with my plan to achieve them. I have also already started a food and exercise journal.

I'll be sharing some of this with you. I hope we can all share successes, questions, recipes, exercise tips, etc... hope to see you on here every day looking for motivation and at the same time giving support to all of us.. :D
 
Re: SoWell on Sowall

Here is my approach. Stay away from refined sugars, white flours, and rice. Instead choose whole grains, veggies, meats, brown rice. I use the store-brand instant brown rice and I love it. It is so quick, easy and tasty. I do drink Diet Soda though. I know it is not the best thing to drink, but I have a hard time getting water down. I do drink it occasionaly though. I really need to incorporate exercise in my day though. That is the hardest thing for me. I got the eating under control, but really need motivation for the exercise part! I am going to get on a schedule and do it though. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!
 
Re: SoWell on Sowall

0035%20-%20Judd%20Nick%20(Fat%20Man).jpg
 
Re: SoWell on Sowall

Have Sally Struthers move into your house.
 
Wise guys.
OUT OF THE LOUNGE ----------------->


( ;-) ;-) ;-) kidding, love ya)
 
Tootsie said:
TripleB - will you be joining in on the fitness funn?

When He** freezes over he will. ;-)
 
The leg lifts I do with my recliner has to burn some calories.
 
Back to topic.
My mother in law is in physical therapy after an extended illness. One thing they told her that stuck with me is the simple thought that your body responds to even the smallest stimulus. Just a small amount of exercise, if that's all you can muster, will still put the wheels in motion for change. In other words, don't forego exercise if you can't do a full half hour, just do what you can, even if it's only 5 minutes, and it's still beneficial, not a waste of time. Muscles will shrink if not used, but they won't if even a little bit of effort is made.

As my "penance" for watching Idol, ;-), I try to force myself to run in place or do sit ups during the commercials. I keep some 5 lb weights by the sofa too, in case I get inspired. Sometimes that's my only exercise for the week, but it's something...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top