• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Speed Limit Grayton

New posts

beach lover

Beach Lover
My husband just got back from his weekly poker game and said the speed limit in Grayton had changed to 15mph. This was around the Upton Grayton area and cops were sitting there waiting to catch speeders. This is crazy!! I know in Atlanta it had to be posted in the paper & wait 30 days to give everyone notice about the change. He said it was hard to tell where it started and ended, plus 15mph is just not reasonable. What's going on!!!!
 
I don't know, but you can get anywhere in Grayton very quickly while driving 15 mph, so don't worry too much about it. I would rather have that than speed bumps throughout Grayton.
 
Uptown Grayton is on 30-A. Are you sure it was on 30-A? Maybe it was on DeFuniak Street which is the main street south of 30-A.
 
That is unusual for sure. The lowest limit I've seen on 30A is 25mph through Seaside, WaterColor, Rosemary Beach.
 
kurt said:
That is unusual for sure. The lowest limit I've seen on 30A is 25mph through Seaside, WaterColor, Rosemary Beach.

Isn't it like 17 mph by the Wheel House?
 
I think 15 MPH is reasonable. Hard to go much faster than that anyway due to all the moron-operated scooters in the middle of the road.
 
I knew we didn't meet our budget for court fines received last month, but dang... :rolling:

But, seriously, a change in the speed limit does not have to be advertised ahead of time, but signs where it begins and ends should be posted before enforcement begins. I haven't been out there to verify where/what - but if in doubt where it begins and ends, and there is a cop there, stop and ask him/her!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top