• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

spring break 2008

New posts
Hubba and I have been all up and down 30-A and the red bar and the restaurant upstairs across the street(OMG, was that D&K? It was grayt :wave:), and probably all the roads around several of the bays in the area.:cool: area but a lot of traffic if you have little kids or animals right by the bar. If you and like to stay up late still, well hail yeah. Well, at least that's what I thought when I was there. :blush: Ah each to their own. It does look funn by the bar.

Is there a public beach access there besides at the big park entrance with the gate with the long walk out? I would :wub: to check out this Western Lake outflow you speak of, SJ. Is it walkable with little kids, like 2 yr. olds, or do you have to drive? :confused: I have never got a beach permit. I bet my nieces and nephews would :wub: it.
 
kristi, we have a whole collection of "little" kids, and there is no danger to them there from Grayton traffic. Traffic in Grayton is a term that should be used loosely; it's really more about standstill gridlock there by the Red Bar. It's not loud at night, and there's a beach access literally out the front door. Wait a minute, I think I should shut up. I don't want the rental competition. Sounds like it wouldn't suit your needs anyway. ;-)
 
SeacrestKristi,
Grayton has a noise ordinance, I believe the only one in SoWal, which shuts down all restaurants and bars at 10pm, so late night noise isn't an issue. In Grayton, I believe there are three or maybe four public beach accesses, and no, you don't have to drive onto the beach to get to the Gulf. At the eastern most access, there is even a boardwalk to get you to the flagpole, and then it isn't much of a walk on the sand to the boardwalk or Gulf, but you will be walking in soft sand, which seems to exhaust some people.
 
Last edited:
kristi, we have a whole collection of "little" kids, and there is no danger to them there from Grayton traffic. Traffic in Grayton is a term that should be used loosely; it's really more about standstill gridlock there by the Red Bar. It's not loud at night, and there's a beach access literally out the front door. Wait a minute, I think I should shut up. I don't want the rental competition. Sounds like it wouldn't suit your needs anyway. ;-)


:idontno::idontno::idontno:Uh, I'm not the one with the need, Krista is, :cool: ?
What's up with all the hate anyhow? :confused: Your 'tar brags about 'One Love' ? Where is this :wub:?
 
Krista, Make your choice Grayton, because it has the lowest elevation to the Gulf. Should you bake brownies, the reduced altitude will enhance your oven yield, and produce a more fudgy brownie.
 
Krista, Make your choice Grayton, because it has the lowest elevation to the Gulf. Should you bake brownies, the reduced altitude will enhance your oven yield, and produce a more fudgy brownie.
I'd like to nominate this post for Post of the Year. :floor:
 
Krista, Make your choice Grayton, because it has the lowest elevation to the Gulf. Should you bake brownies, the reduced altitude will enhance your oven yield, and produce a more fudgy brownie.

Well in that case I'm packin' up and movin' down to Grayton. :funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top