• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

St Joe (JOE)

New posts
In Texas, we have been inundated with St. Joe radio ads....:idontno:
 
destindreamin said:
In Texas, we have been inundated with St. Joe radio ads....:idontno:

I haven't heard those! But, a friend who writes for a local mag called me tonight. She is doing a story on the second home market and wants a quote from me (scary thought!). She had interviewed the marketer of St. Joe earlier. Hmmmmm.
 
Sueshore said:
I haven't heard those! But, a friend who writes for a local mag called me tonight. She is doing a story on the second home market and wants a quote from me (scary thought!). She had interviewed the marketer of St. Joe earlier. Hmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmmmm. Give 'em a good quote!
They play those ads on KLUV all the time, especially in the mornings. :idontno:
 
First time in a long, long time that I saw a 1/2 page ad and a smaller (cigarette box-sized) ad for JOE in today's (Friday) WSJ -- that set them back a buck or two (@ 86K for the 1/2 page). Of course it was "lost" amid a SEA of pages and pages of 1/2 & Full-page ads pumping the Uber-Condos in South Florida.
 
my sense is that this is but a pause in the second-home market that will keep going. Up here in the great north--New York city types keep buying all sorts of land with "critters"--headlines like "moose loose" and "bear lands in swimming pool" (I'm not making these up!!) bring on those who think this is just dandy. South of where I live are rural communities long abandoned by commercial farmers because the land was not productive. But old abandoned farmland and the northern equivalent of "southern cracker" are going still selling well. Things will slow down to more "normal" profits, but the profits are there.
 
jdarg said:
Looks like we are having an avatar freakout. Johnrudy- WHAT/WHO is it?
I don't post much but I LOVE looking for avatars! :D
Before I say who this is, I'm gonna wait and see who can guess. He IS creepy, tho.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top