• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Staying current on SoWal board?

New posts

Tatertot

Beach Lover
I feel like an idiot for asking this...but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to "chat" and stay up to date on this board. I'm having to hit the "refresh" button every time I open a new thread or forum. I think this is becuase I have this website under my favorites and it saves the last page I viewed.

Is there another way to keep the board current and up to date without having to "refresh" the pages all the time?? :idontno:
 
Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. But basically, refreshing is the only way on this site to see changed content.

Under "quick links" on the menu you can click "New Posts" and you will get a list of posts that are new since your last visit, or since the last refresh. You have to have cookies on in your browser. You can save the "New Posts" link as a book mark or quick link.

or

You can click "Forums" on the menu which is basically the same as refresh if you are on the forum index.

Anyone else have tips?
 
Last edited:
How many times do you refresh a day? Fess up.

I have no idea how often I do it, but I often suspect that a lot of us online just sit around "refreshing" over and over again in hopes that someone has posted something interesting.

Am I wrong? :D
 
I refresh a lot just for fun. Some people go to the water cooler or the donut room while at work. I just click on refresh on sowal.com.
 
kurt said:
Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser. But basically, refreshing is the only way on this site to see changed content.

Under "quick links" on the menu you can click "New Posts" and you will get a list of posts that are new since your last visit, or since the last refresh. You have to have cookies on in your browser. You can save the "New Posts" link as a book mark or quick link.

or

You can click "Forums" on the menu which is basically the same as refresh if you are on the forum index.

Anyone else have tips?
wow you know a lot about computers
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I speak from experience...hit New Posts, hit New Posts, hit new Posts!!!!!
 
CastlesOfSand said:
I do the same Miss Kitty!!!

;-) ....and they think we are "dumb" blondes?

Thanks CoS for all your posts...I had lots to read this morning!
 
grayton kid said:
wow you know a lot about computers


I love this.:clap_1: These days, when a kid tell you that you must know a lot about computers, it must be a compliment, since today's kids are born with computer mice in their hands.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top