• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Stepped on a SNAKE......pic.....

New posts
The snake slayer just informed me that there is a little water snake in the Eden Gardens reflection pond......does anyone know of a water snake other than a Water Moccasin?
 
No, but I understand there is an abundance of Moccasins lately. If it's black and in the water, leave it alone, or kill it!
 
I am not going outside today!!!!! Way to snaky for my liking........Both brothers are trying to out do the other (see the creepy crawly thread)...and bringing frogs in the house to show me.........I need to find something for them to do.
 
Be careful of how you dispose of the head. These useless evil little creatures open their mouths when they die and extend their fangs. Even when dead these things are trying to cause harm.

As to a moccasin at Eden, they probably need to take care of it since those snakes will chase people.
 
The snake, what was left of it after it was skinned, was wrapped up in plastic and thrown in the garbage. Didn't want the dogs to dig it up.
 
There are water snakes other than moccasins; they supposedly have round pupils instead of cat-like, like a moccasin. The problem is that I really don't want to get close enough to see a snake's eyeballs before making a decision. :blink:

I'm sure the Eden folks will do what they need to. (Are there still koi and other goldfish in the pool? Aka snake bait?)
 
There are water snakes other than moccasins; they supposedly have round pupils instead of cat-like, like a moccasin. The problem is that I really don't want to get close enough to see a snake's eyeballs before making a decision. :blink:

I'm sure the Eden folks will do what they need to. (Are there still koi and other goldfish in the pool? Aka snake bait?)

Yes.....there is snake bait in the pond..............I may go with the snake slayer today and check it out.:shock:
 
The snake slayer just informed me that there is a little water snake in the Eden Gardens reflection pond......does anyone know of a water snake other than a Water Moccasin?

There are water snakes other than moccasins; they supposedly have round pupils instead of cat-like, like a moccasin. The problem is that I really don't want to get close enough to see a snake's eyeballs before making a decision. :blink:

I'm sure the Eden folks will do what they need to. (Are there still koi and other goldfish in the pool? Aka snake bait?)

LOTS of snakes like water, especially when it's hot.

Yes, they have slitted pupils, but the most distinctive feature of a water moccasin is the pit viper head. You'll notice that before you'll notice the eyes. It's a broad, wedge-shaped head, where nonpoisonous snakes have an narrower, oval-shaped head.

Here's your little pop quiz:
 
Be careful of how you dispose of the head. These useless evil little creatures
Hardly. :blink:
open their mouths when they die and extend their fangs. Even when dead these things are trying to cause harm.
:blink:
As to a moccasin at Eden, they probably need to take care of it since those snakes will chase people.
:yikes:
Sir, having grown up amonst the cotton and the cottonmouth, the only time they will chase you is when they are trying to get by you to get back in the water. They are essentially timid.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top