• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Stone Crabs?

New posts
I was in Miami this week.....they had some....:biggrin:

couldn't resist....sorry...
 
Does anyone know where we can get some large stone Crab claws?

Check with Destin Ice Seafoods, there number is 850-837-8333. I know they are around at the moment. Pricing is about $13.75 per # for large, and $18.50 per # for jumbo.:D
 
We used to get them in Crystal River during the season and only had to pay $8.99 for the large. I think they have them at the seafood market on 98.

:yikes:
 
Shrimper's is a good place to get them if you don't want to work for them. I hear of a few local places to catch them, though I do just fine eating Blue Crabs from my back yard - ate some tonight! Yummy!

Know the rules on harvesting Stone crab claws if you are going to catch them. You can keep only one claw and have to throw the one-clawed crab back in.
 
Know the rules on harvesting Stone crab claws if you are going to catch them. You can keep only one claw and have to throw the one-clawed crab back in.
Wow, I had no idea.
L'il Pea #1 just said--wow, you could catch the same crab like 20 times!
 
:welcome: to the board!:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top