• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Straight Talk

New posts

Capricious

Beach Fanatic
Here is an example of "straight talk."

http://www.vrbo.com/7431

Tell it like it is.

"..You may wonder why are prices are so low. The reason is simple, there is a glut of new condos on the market..."


Why can't we get that out of the "professionals?"
 
What do you mean you can't get it out of the professionals? Obviously the inventory plays a key role in declining prices. I think any professional would tell you that.
 
:idontno:Dont know who you talk with but I am a no frills, to the point, non sugar coated Realtor. Tell the truth, that's what my mama taught me..;-)

If you are talking about rental companies not lowering their prices then I dont know. Maybe they know something I (and everyone else) doesnt. I have seen some rental companies offering some good specials this Fall.....
 
Both professionals and the man on the street will tell you an inventory glut is a major contributing factor.

As far as this person's "straight talk", it's all dependent upon your personal interest - they are renting a unit and using the "glut" to justify their pricing so you don't think it's cheap because it's a POS.
 
"Straight Talk" ala The St Pete Times:


"Tampa Bay area home sales keep probing new bottoms. September's totals were off 39 percent from the none-too-spectacular sales of September 2006.

That part about probing bottoms sounds proctological, but the market is about as savory as a barium shake. "

.
 
"Straight Talk" ala The St Pete Times:


"Tampa Bay area home sales keep probing new bottoms. September's totals were off 39 percent from the none-too-spectacular sales of September 2006.

That part about probing bottoms sounds proctological, but the market is about as savory as a barium shake. "

.
:floor::floor:GOTTA love them barium shakes....:yikes::shock:
 
Of the responses:

(2) "real estate proffesionals" did NOT use the word "glut."

(1) "man on the street" did use the word "glut"


Come on, guys: the cat is out of the bag.

It's a GLUT

Expand your vocabulary
 
"...Great response. ..."


Thanks.

I make an effort to be entertaining.

You know, about (2) weeks ago I signed a
one year buyers agent agreement with an agent, which
replaced an expired one buyers agent agreement
I had with her.

I have purchased property through her before but not
since 2004. She is located in a area a couple hundred
miles from where I live so I can't really watch the market in
that area. She knows what I am looking for if and if something
hits the market I get notified

I can count on getting the straight story from her.

Here, I post a simple request for Bobby J to provide a
few more details on a property he/she brought up, and I
get nothing but grief.

And I see where PAG is a bit slow in providing answers to
questions as well.

Oh, well, I'm just the little guy.

For now
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top