• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Strange phone call

New posts

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Has anyone else had this happen? Today I had a call from the pharmacy where i have my prscription filled. When I returned the call, they said they were just calling to see if I was planning to refill a prescription. I asked them why were they asking, and the woman said "they had noticed I was out and wondered when I would refill"

I have never had that happen before...it is a prescription I use for allergies and do not have to use it often...

I've never had a pharmacy call me, trying to drum up business...am I missing something here?

:idontno:
 
I get these calls from CVS all of the time. Sometimes I have gone to CVS and they'd have filled a boatload of prescriptions I didn't order because I don't use them daily. So now when I pick up an Rx that I have ordered, I ask them to itemize what they are selling me before I give them my credit card.
 
Last edited:
Has anyone else had this happen? Today I had a call from the pharmacy where i have my prscription filled. When I returned the call, they said they were just calling to see if I was planning to refill a prescription. I asked them why were they asking, and the woman said "they had noticed I was out and wondered when I would refill"

I have never had that happen before...it is a prescription I use for allergies and do not have to use it often...

I've never had a pharmacy call me, trying to drum up business...am I missing something here?

:idontno:


Is it an independent pharmacy? I hope all is well with them!
 
It's not so much a "drum up" thing as a "convenience/cross t's" thing. Most pharmacies are offering auto-refills, reminders, and double-checks. Yes, it does technically benefit them, but it benefits you/yours more.

Weird if you only have one or a few meds, but great if you are old or a caretaker or a Scooterbug who is frequently surprised by a lack of pills. :blush:
 
Yep. Happens to Mr. DD all the time. CVS. I don't take any Rx's so he's the only one who gets the calls. They leave a recorded message if you don't answer.
 
Thanks everyone.

I take very little medication, and it has never happened to me before. Interesting that of the two prescriptions I have, they only called about the super expensive one!

To me it feels much like the advertising done by all these drug companies. I don't like feeling pushed into taking drugs...and that is what it felt like. Not like a "friendly reminder" -- it was CVS, so maybe it is their marketing plan. Anyway, I don't like it, so think I will find a different pharmacy.

On the big scale of things, it's not very important, but just one more irritation in a world where these small irritations seem to be multiplying daily. I would much rather they put their energies into excellent customer service when I ask for their service; rather than trying to push their agenda onto me with unwanted soliciting.
 
Thanks everyone.

I take very little medication, and it has never happened to me before. Interesting that of the two prescriptions I have, they only called about the super expensive one!

To me it feels much like the advertising done by all these drug companies. I don't like feeling pushed into taking drugs...and that is what it felt like. Not like a "friendly reminder" -- it was CVS, so maybe it is their marketing plan. Anyway, I don't like it, so think I will find a different pharmacy.

On the big scale of things, it's not very important, but just one more irritation in a world where these small irritations seem to be multiplying daily. I would much rather they put their energies into excellent customer service when I ask for their service; rather than trying to push their agenda onto me with unwanted soliciting.

Try the Publix pharmacy at the west end of Panama City Beach across from Carillon. They put chocolates in your bag! Dave is the best.
 
I've never gotten a call from MY pharmacy, but I received a phone call from the online vet pharmacy where I get my pet's medicines. When I first placed the order I refused the "automatic" refill option. They called me yesterday to ask if I was ready to refill her meds.
 
Try the Publix pharmacy at the west end of Panama City Beach across from Carillon. They put chocolates in your bag! Dave is the best.

I was just going to say the same thing! I just switched pharmacies, picked up my first prescription at the Inlet Beach Publix the other night... I'd had a long, bad day and was kinda crabby, annoyed with the woman in front of me who dropped off her prescription at the "pick-up" window so I had to wait longer... and Dave was so sweet and friendly, my foul mood disappeared. Then a day or so later, I discovered the chocolates... Made my night. :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top