• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

summer condo bargain - week wanted

New posts

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
What is the best way to go about finding a rental (about a week)? I am a bargain hunter--and I am afraid unless I find that bargain--our family cant afford a vacation this year. I have heard of friends going thru private owners vs larger rental companies. Anyone on here know of an owner?

We have been to Destin before (camped--but had to sell our camper). We love the area. Would like more on the out skirts of Destin.

I would appreciate any owners replying or someone suggesting a company.

I dont have definite dates--just summer of 2006
 
Re: summer condo

Grayton Beach State Park offers cabins, but I am not familiar with them...maybe someone on the board can tell you more. You might try checking their web site.
 
Re: summer condo

iwishiwasthere said:
Grayton Beach State Park offers cabins, but I am not familiar with them...maybe someone on the board can tell you more. You might try checking their web site.

Great idea! :welcome: arkiegirl!
 
Re: summer condo

If you can't find something in your price range on 30A, then you could also check out Panama City Beach. We stayed at a condominium place called Horizon South for one night (the west end of Panama City Beach) last year and I thought the area was very nice. The condo certainly met our needs (convenient, clean, good location), and the beach was great and only a few minute walk away from the condo. You can do an online search through VRBO (vacation rental by owners) or other online rental sites.
 
Re: summer condo

iwishiwasthere said:
Grayton Beach State Park offers cabins, but I am not familiar with them...maybe someone on the board can tell you more. You might try checking their web site.

The cabins are very nice and book up quickly for the Summer. They are over $100/night.

Rentals by owner are not necessarily cheaper than rentals by agent, and could be more. One way to save money is to try and book Spring or Fall rates if you can.
 
Re: summer condo

iwishiwasthere said:
Grayton Beach State Park offers cabins, but I am not familiar with them...maybe someone on the board can tell you more. You might try checking their web site.

We stayed in the cabins/cottages a few years back for a family reunion group. Loved them. Very clean 2BRs, duplexed units, short walk to beach and built leaving the native habitat around them. We booked pretty far ahead on these, but cancellations come up if you keep checking. If you have camped before, imo, you can't miss with these fully furnished, extra clean cabins (no TV - which is a good thing, right? :lol:)

How much room do you need?
 
Arkie girl.....I know where you can find a two bedroom two bath for around 900$ a week in the summer, Seagrove beach, no pool....I will pm you with the info.
 
arkiegirl said:
What is the best way to go about finding a rental (about a week)? I am a bargain hunter--and I am afraid unless I find that bargain--our family cant afford a vacation this year. I have heard of friends going thru private owners vs larger rental companies. Anyone on here know of an owner?

We have been to Destin before (camped--but had to sell our camper). We love the area. Would like more on the out skirts of Destin.

I would appreciate any owners replying or someone suggesting a company.

I dont have definite dates--just summer of 2006
You may want to try Panama City Beach. I have condo there (but no bargain), but I have a friend that offers a great rate on hers. Hers is right on the beach. It is located on Thomas Drive in a great location. It is an older property, but she keeps it very, very clean. To view it on line, go to:
www.lodging4vacations.com
Her unit will be listed as Carolyn's Condo under The Summit. Good Luck!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top