• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

SunPass

New posts
I just thought of a detail...wonder if I can get one with out of state plates....although I do pay LOTS of taxes in FL!!!!!
 
beachmouse said:
We're on the Mid Bay Bridge several time a week, and the transponders are worth every penny. It's not just saving a buck on every crossing, but also getting to blow right past a couple dozen cars stuck in the toll lanes.

The 331 bridge going to toll rumor has been circulating for a while now. They've simply got to raise the causeway because of hurricane overwash concerns, and considering how there's never enough tax money to cover road projects in this state, I wouldn't be surprised to see the bridge go toll to pay for the needed upgrades.


It isn't a rumor. The plan is that when the bridge is expanded to 4 lanes and raised, that it will become a toll bridge. That is still several years away though.
 
Sueshore said:
I just thought of a detail...wonder if I can get one with out of state plates....although I do pay LOTS of taxes in FL!!!!!

Uncertain about SunPass - but in Chicago you can get a I-Pass with out-of-state plates. I would think they wouldn't care as long as they get your money.
 
Beachlover2 said:
Uncertain about SunPass - but in Chicago you can get a I-Pass with out-of-state plates. I would think they wouldn't care as long as they get your money.

:lolabove: ...money talks, huh? I will check on this sometime this week and let ya' know!
 
Sunpass doesn't care where the billing address is as long as the money keeps coming in. My parents have one for their Michigan-licensed minivan.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top