• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunrise beach

New posts

audie

fartblossom
I was just curious how the Sunrise Beach area has changed after the hurricanes - we will be staying at Dune Dancer for 2 weeks in May. We stayed there 4 times, then last year tried somewhere different (big mistake).
We are so looking forward to getting back to Sunrise Beach !
 
Snapper Grabber said:
Where is Sunrise Beach?

Welcome audie and Welcome back Snapper Grabber (love that name!)!!!
 
Sunrise beach is just to the east of Ed Walline Park, a little area of colorful houses.
 
Snapper Grabber said:
Where is Sunrise Beach?

Sunrise Beach is a small s/d south of 30-A and on the east of Ed Walline Park (Hwy 393 - Gulf Place)

I have not taken any photos there for a while. If I think about it tomorrow, I will snap one for you.
 
:welcome:


I was there a few weeks ago and it looked good but there were some owners there talking about geotubes and seawalls so there could be construction. I do have a shoot in there in the next week, so if SJ doesn't get by there I'll give you the scoop.
 
We stayed at a home in Old Florida Cottages to the East of Sunrise Beach over Thanksgiving.
We walked the beach between there and Ed Walline access and beach was fine, dunes eroded, a geotube installation not covered yet, a covered one or two, an ugly retaining/seawall and some dune areas at the Ed Walline access with white sand added and sea oats planted.
We enjoyed the beach and view but if you're at the waters edge looking back at the dunes, it is not the same as before. :( This is the case most everywhere though. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there if I were you.

There are a couple small older homes, closer to the beach along that stretch that have been undercut a lot. One looks like it's likely been condemned.
 
Thanks to everyone for the input. We are so ready for vacation, and still have a long Indiana winter to get thru !
 
audie said:
Thanks to everyone for the input. We are so ready for vacation, and still have a long Indiana winter to get thru !

:welcome: Fellow posters Tivoli and I are also Hoosiers, and we know exactly what you're talking about! Like that snow today, for starters. ;-)
 
Let's hope we here in Indiana don't get the 18 inches of snow (then 5 inches of rain) we got last year in Dec/Jan. I don't mind a little snow, but it is very disheartening to get off work after a 12 hr shift and have no idea whether you will even make it home or not. Plus i couldn't hardly find my white vehicle in the hospital parking lot !
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top