Beach Runner
beats on hood
I have always received friendly and helpful service at Publix. Never had rude treatment at Red Bar ... and the fish sandwich there yesterday was awesome.
Long time lurker here, but I wanted to respond to this post as this is something that I have noticed as well. I've been coming to the area for approx. 15 years. My fiancee's family has multiple properties in both Seagrove & Santa Rosa, and while they know lots of people in SoWal and I visit quite often, I suppose I would still be considered a "tourist." Although I think most of the people on this board are very appreciative of the booming tourism industry, it is definitely something that needs to be addressed.
I understand exactly where tumules is coming from. I love SoWal, and always thorougly enjoy my time down there, from beginning to end. However, there sometimes seems to be a certain attitude from some of the locals on certain occasions. I suppose you could find this anywhere, but it feels like there is somewhat of a "disdain" for the families in SUV's that descend on the beach every spring and summer. Are they irritating at times? Of course, I'm sure they can drive you crazy! But, as all of you already know, it is because of them that many of the great SoWal businesses continue to thrive.
Not to badmouth any certain businesses, but I can think of a few places that are guilty of this. We love to go to the Tarpon Club at Bud & Alley's. However, unless you are a local or on a first name basis with the bartenders, don't expect overly-friendly service. Same with Smiling Fish Cafe. My point is, many of us who don't live there in SoWal but enjoy visiting would appreciate a bit more hospitality. After all, you are all lucky enough to live there year-round, so share the joy with us.
Lt. Dangle (we won't even talk about your user id!)
Love your 'tar!!