• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Supercell T-storm 1/13/06 AM

New posts

bsmart

brain
Within in the next 1-2 hours. Looks nasty on radar, The Weather Channel says that there is some weak rotation, but as of right now the main threat is damaging winds in excess of 60 mph and large hail.
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

bsmart said:
Within in the next 1-2 hours. Looks nasty on radar, The Weather Channel says that there is some weak rotation, but as of right now the main threat is damaging winds in excess of 60 mph and large hail.


I saw it on weather.com, but it says 16 - 18 mph winds. That's better than 60. BUt it does look nasty on the radar, you're right. I guess it's time to go take cover, at home!
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

bsmart said:
Within in the next 1-2 hours. Looks nasty on radar, The Weather Channel says that there is some weak rotation, but as of right now the main threat is damaging winds in excess of 60 mph and large hail.
Hey Jim Cantore.
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

steeleing1 said:
I saw it on weather.com, but it says 16 - 18 mph winds. That's better than 60. BUt it does look nasty on the radar, you're right. I guess it's time to go take cover, at home!
Hey, anybody hearing anything about possible snow in Atlanta? Mr. Pod just called from Atlanta, I told him it was snowing here, he said it's reported possible snow there. Mama Steele?
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

pea...it's snowing in MO/IL????
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

peapod1980 said:
Hey, anybody hearing anything about possible snow in Atlanta? Mr. Pod just called from Atlanta, I told him it was snowing here, he said it's reported possible snow there. Mama Steele?

It's shirt sleeve weather out now. I just watched the 12 o'clock news and weather report, no mention of snow just the rain, possible sleet and high winds. Maybe the station I watched is holding a possible "snow weather frenzy" for 6 o'clock news. :idontno:

Holy crap and big lightning!!!!!!! BIG! :eek:
 
Last edited:
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

this coming storm is creating some crazy going on over here on the bay. on the south side, we are experiencing 1' waves, not seas, like wake, but continuous. wierd.

jr
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

Sueshore said:
pea...it's snowing in MO/IL????
Yep. Blowing so much it looks like a blizzard, but we won't have any accumulation because it's been in the 60s the last couple of days. Gotta love the Midwest. :roll:
Click on the pic, you can see it better. I just ran and took this for you, SS!
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

Yipe. My tin roof is flapping hard. I'm going to go find my dog. Crazy wind right now!
 
Re: Supercell T-storm to move across Escambia, Santa Rosa and Okaloosa Counties...

peapod1980 said:
Yep. Blowing so much it looks like a blizzard, but we won't have any accumulation because it's been in the 60s the last couple of days. Gotta love the Midwest. :roll:
Click on the pic, you can see it better. I just ran and took this for you, SS!

Thanks...that is so pretty!!! MS goes back to Mizzou on Monday....he will be in shock after all this Spring weather (minus the rain) weather we have been having!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top