• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Surf Fishing

New posts

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
For the fishing people:

I went down last week and did alot of surf fishing. I caught a ton of bluefish and whiting and a few little sharks on cut bait but I couldn't find the pomps. Any suggestions?

Also, I just read somewhere about guys being able to cast their baits out 200+ yards. I'm obviously doing something wrong because all I can do is maybe 40-50 yards. Any ideas?
 
My brother in law and I were talking about that before our trip. That would work, but I'm not sure what your bait would look like when it landed. That would be so much fun though. We had one of those at Auburn. It is amazing how far stuff will go. :laughing1
 
If I try to cast my bait 300 yards, there will only be one possible outcome.

-SNAP-
 
Maybe I could try one of those 3 man slingshots. I think that might work.
 
Haven't heard about much Pompano action the last few weeks.

I heard about an exhibition last year where they were going to teach casting to 400 yards. :shock:
 
400 yards. I know what what I would wind up doing if I could do that. I'd chunk it out there and sit and wonder if I threw my bait off.
 
Landlocked said:
400 yards. I know what what I would wind up doing if I could do that. I'd chunk it out there and sit and wonder if I threw my bait off.

Might as well take it out in a kayak and drop it.

Which by the way is how some friends used to shark fish at night. How'd you like to be out chumming in the dark in a kayak? :shock:
 
I saw some pics of a guy with a big bullshark hooked up right next to his kayak. I just looked for them but I can't find them. Crazy stuff. The guy at Yellowfin tried to rent one to me and now I'm wishing I had done it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top