• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Suzanne Harris wins again!

New posts
The last time I spoke with Chilcutt (several months ago) he was still a local news reporter. He was offered an opportunity with the new owners and had chosen to stay. He may have left since the last time I spoke with him...I dunno.

I think there are some good reporters here...Dottie Nist will report things accurately and you can pretty much always count on Tom McLaughlin for the nuts and bolts of an issue IF you read the NWFDN. I personally think what's missing here is investigative journalism. In a small community where time and budget constraints prevent that type of reporting what your left with is, the news just being reported accurately or mostly accurate news. Political corruption is a very deep deep subject and small town news medias are very remiss to bite the hands that feed them.

Not reporting news at all is a whole nother issue!
 
Last edited:
Kevin Chilcutt is no longer employed by WZEP. T.H. Merritt is the News Director now. Kevin always did a good job reporting the facts of what happened at various meetings without prejudice. He did not do much investigative reporting because WZEP lacked the resources to back that type of reporting up.
 
Kevin Chilcutt is no longer employed by WZEP. T.H. Merritt is the News Director now. Kevin always did a good job reporting the facts of what happened at various meetings without prejudice. He did not do much investigative reporting because WZEP lacked the resources to back that type of reporting up.


Thanks. Obviously he left after I spoke with him last. The news sources we are left with lack those resources also. To simply not report news is another issue.
 
Most of the local outlets anywhere starve for original content. They cannot afford to pay enough reporters and they cannot pay enough to attract/keep the good ones. Usually local outlets employ retired people or kids right out of school. Even a larger outlet such as the Daily News faces these problems. Tom McLaughlin is a good reporter but he is one man covering 3 counties. The other factor is that they generate their revenue from the people who often would be exposed by digging around. They often choose not to bite off the hand that feeds them.
 
Tom McLaughlin is a good reporter but he is one man covering 3 counties. The other factor is that they generate their revenue from the people who often would be exposed by digging around. They often choose not to bite off the hand that feeds them.

I said as much.

My point was that not reporting actual news contributes to the "dumbing down" of the electorate.
 
Mrs. Harris does not operate in the sunshine.
I was not aware that ordinary citizens were required to operate in the Sunshine. I thought that only applied to government officials. If she runs and if she is elected then she will fall under the Sunshine laws but until then she is a private citizen and has the right to privacy as much as anyone else.
 
Tom McLaughlin is a very one sided reporter when it comes to Mrs. Harris and Matt Gaetz. Dotty Nist tells it all.
 
Danny as for her operating Edgewater she keeps the owners in the dark. They know nothing. That is why I said she does not operate in the sunshine.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top