• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

swim with dolphins?

New posts

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
I know of Gulfarium in Ft Walton and Gulf World in PCB, is that the only attraction of its kind in the Destin area?

In talking to someone who is also planning a trip, they seemed to think there was a new place (like just opened last year) in Ft Walton, where you could swim with dolphins.
 
Thursday afternoon there was a guy in a kayak paddling along behind some dolphins near Eastern Lake. That looked interesting.
 
We swam with dolphins 2 years ago in Panama City Beach. Visit the website www.waterplanetusa.com for more information. Dennis and his crew are great and my husband and I and our 2 daughters had a great time. It was worth every penny.
The day we were leaving to come to Seagrove Beach was the day Hurricane Dennis hit but we came anyway the next day and still had a great time. The weather was great but the boardwalks were washed out and the water littered with debris. It was not crowded though and we just made the best of it. We are booked to come again in July so hopefully the weather will be great. We love the beaches of 30-A!
 
I don't know if there's a new place in Ft. Walton, but I think Gulf World is worth the trip. When I was 13 I got to do the "trainer for a day" program, and it was a blast. If your friend has any kids (I believe they need to be at least 12 y/o) that would be interested, that would be something really fun that they won't soon forget.
 
Thanks so much, that waterplanet usa must be what they were talking about, b/c they also mentioned something about the place doing things with special needs kids. They were just way confused about where it was (and how much it cost!!)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top