• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

swimming pool rentals?

New posts
I'm still hoping to find a pool..... The house we rented has no pool and I am now regretful of that.

If there are any owners in Grayton who have a vacancy during the week 8/11 to 8/18 and would like make a little extra $$ by renting out just your pool for a few hundred, please PM me. We are a family of four. If your property does rent at the last minute, we would understand. My kids are devastated that there is no pool and I don't want to drive to a pool every day.
 
Thanks. Not really into the lake, though. We're looking to have access to a pool that is within walking distance to the rental we have. It's too late to change reservations on the house we booked, but if I could, I would. I know it's a stretch to find one, but it can't hurt to try. I still have 11 days.

We're rented in the past from the same agency we've used this time, so we do have a point of reference, but they don't do pool rentals. Maybe no one has ever tried before?
 
Thanks. Not really into the lake, though. We're looking to have access to a pool that is within walking distance to the rental we have. It's too late to change reservations on the house we booked, but if I could, I would. I know it's a stretch to find one, but it can't hurt to try. I still have 11 days.

We're rented in the past from the same agency we've used this time, so we do have a point of reference, but they don't do pool rentals. Maybe no one has ever tried before?

Tell the kids you are here to go to the beach, not the pool. I imagine after the first day, they won't care about having a pool. If they are agreeable, reward them with a trip to the Destin YMCA or the big pool in PCB.

If they are still complaining, tell them they can stay home next year! This may be a good lesson in going with the flow.;-)
 
I want the pool, too. It's too late to change rentals, but I do want to find some way to gain access to a pool.

If anyone is interested in making some extra income on an unrented home with a pool in Grayton during the week 8/11 to 8/18, please let me know.
 
nodilberthere, looks like this might be one of those live and learn situations. It sounds like you went against your gut feeling when you made a reservation for a house without a pool, so this year you'll probably gain an invaluable lesson--either you'll confirm beyond all doubt that a house with no pool does not work for your family, or you'll get the happy surprise of discovering your kids ended up not missing it.
 
Thanks for the advice. I'd like to still try to find one, if that's okay with everyone. ;-)

If anyone is interested in making some extra income on an unrented home with a pool in Grayton during the week 8/11 to 8/18, please PM me.
 
Last edited:
nodilberthere, looks like this might be one of those live and learn situations. It sounds like you went against your gut feeling when you made a reservation for a house without a pool, so this year you'll probably gain an invaluable lesson--either you'll confirm beyond all doubt that a house with no pool does not work for your family, or you'll get the happy surprise of discovering your kids ended up not missing it.

good point pea.

but seriously nodil, the lake is ON grayton beach, literally feet from the gulf and at times open to the gulf. many, many children prefer swimming there. I know anytime we are at the beach, we are sitting next to that lake with our kid and his friends, our friends, etc. it is just the place to be with kids.

I hope you will enjoy the beach as it is intended to be enjoyed, in its natural and beautiful state. with no pool. you and your kids will not miss it! not if you really appreciate the beach and all else SoWal has to offer! take a tip from a local with no pool.
 
Last edited:
Have you thought about a blow up pool? :idontno:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top