• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

T D C Signange

New posts

Seeker1

Beach Lover
When will the TDC start erecting signs in the south end promoting tourism in the north end? Im just curious. I want to see if the signs are going to be attaractive.:roll:
 
What signs are you talking about?
Maybe the one's that were in the Sun last week?
OH...here they are...I think.....[ame="http://sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=23225"]Signs on 30A - here's the new plan - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]
 
Last edited:
tourism signs

What signs are you talking about?
These signs are tall and promote ONLY the beaches of south walton. I've seen two so far, one on the very west end of hwy. 90 and the other in PAXTON on 331 next to the PAXTON high school. So far, the results are more negative than positive as far as local opinion goes. But that has never seemed to stop anything before. I suppose my question is this, why dont we promote WALTON COUNTY, not just one specific area? I already know those that will benefit from the placinog of those signs will support it, but comeon, promote and exploit the WHOLE county.
 
These signs are tall and promote ONLY the beaches of south walton. I've seen two so far, one on the very west end of hwy. 90 and the other in PAXTON on 331 next to the PAXTON high school. So far, the results are more negative than positive as far as local opinion goes. But that has never seemed to stop anything before. I suppose my question is this, why dont we promote WALTON COUNTY, not just one specific area? I already know those that will benefit from the placinog of those signs will support it, but comeon, promote and exploit the WHOLE county.


look here......
[ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=24637"]They have ......... - SoWal Beaches Forum[/ame]
 
These signs are tall and promote ONLY the beaches of south walton. I've seen two so far, one on the very west end of hwy. 90 and the other in PAXTON on 331 next to the PAXTON high school. So far, the results are more negative than positive as far as local opinion goes. But that has never seemed to stop anything before. I suppose my question is this, why dont we promote WALTON COUNTY, not just one specific area? I already know those that will benefit from the placinog of those signs will support it, but comeon, promote and exploit the WHOLE county.


Curious, what is it that you would have the whole county promote? The TDC collects bed tax on the south end of the county. The signs were paid for and rather than see them be thrown away, I do not really see the problem with using them as welcome signs. At just how do you think they are promoting the county? If you see them, then you are already in the north end of the county, so the signs are reminding you that we have beaches in the south end.

Personally, I think they are a bit too enticing to not be a maintenance nightmare, especially when hunting season gets started.
 
I think erecting signs advertising the South of the county all over the county is pretty tacky, but since they managed to screw up every single aspect of the signs (color, height, design, directions, cost), why should offending part of the county have been neglected.
 
Those signs are called 'Gateway Signs' as I remember and are not recycled from 30A. They are actually larger than the 30A signs.
 
OMG!

Who is the "designer" of these signs--who could possibly think they are appropriate for anything other than Disney or a metrorail system somewhere...
will we ever be rid of them?

Nothing like taking a beautiful area: gorgeous woods in the north, beautiful beach communities in the south...and cluttering both up with artificial Big Blue Signs!

What are they thinking?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top