• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

T D C Signange

New posts
Those signs are called 'Gateway Signs' as I remember and are not recycled from 30A. They are actually larger than the 30A signs.
So, mr. hudson. do you support the placing of the signs? Or do you support the signs being changed to advertise all the tourist attractions of the county? It cant be both sir!
 
standing in the middle of the political road will get you run over!

Curious, what is it that you would have the whole county promote? The TDC collects bed tax on the south end of the county. The signs were paid for and rather than see them be thrown away, I do not really see the problem with using them as welcome signs. At just how do you think they are promoting the county? If you see them, then you are already in the north end of the county, so the signs are reminding you that we have beaches in the south end.
Wrobert, let me remind you its 2 pills every 8 hours, not 8 pills every 2 hours! You ask what it is the whole county can promote. Are you serious? Youve been here how long? I've been here 25 years and can see many things that can be promoted! And YOUR asking to be placed into a public office!? You disappoint me! They are welcome signs, but for the south end only! So your opinion is rather than toss them out stick them in the north end? Are you saying the signs in the south end should advertise the north end only because your already near the beaches, go see the beauty of the north end!? They should promote Walton County as a whole. There are many beautiful places to see and things to do south and north. The days of reserving the north end for service workers of the south end has passed. Stop pandering!
 
Signs to Sea?

So, mr. hudson and all candidates for walton commissoner, do you support the placing of the signs? Or do you support the signs being changed to advertise all the primary tourist attractions of the county? It cant be both!
picture.php
picture.php
 
I think what wrobert was trying to point out is that the TDC's purpose is to promote the "Beaches Of South Walton." If I correctly understand the way it works, to begin actively promoting attractions in NoWal would require two ordinances. One to modify the TDC's marketing plan, and one expanding the Tourist Development Tax to short-term rentals in all of Walton County, not just those south of the Intracoastal Waterway.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I think Santa Rosa County did that a few years back. It's just not how it is currently set up.
 
Signs to Sea

[quote=ShallowsNole;427541]I think what wrobert was trying to point out is that the TDC's purpose is to promote the "Beaches Of South Walton." If I correctly understand the way it works, to begin actively promoting attractions in NoWal would require two ordinances. One to modify the TDC's marketing plan, and one expanding the Tourist Development Tax to short-term rentals in all of Walton County, not just those south of the Intracoastal Waterway.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. I think Santa Rosa County did that a few years back. It's just not how it is currently set up.[/quote]

I'm not the only one who thinks it stinks. Things change, and some very easily at that. The questions as to who is responsible for this still stand un answered. Promoting the beaches by directing prospective tourists away from one end of the county to the other is not practical. I dont think there would be any opposition to amending, adding or changing the ordinance to permit north walton mentions on those signs! I hope they are state approved with proper reflectivity. I would hate to be the one who would need to pull over one night and hot one of those monstrosities and damage my car.
Thank you for responding, you were still a big help.:wave:
 
What ever happened to the TDC's original colors....White, Red and Green...like the logo on the old wood signs....where did the blue come into the picture????? Green...as in Emerald Green.....ring any bells????
 
yeah, I wonder who owns the paint company...or the sign manufacturing business...:confused:
 
What makes the placement of the blue signs in the Northern part of the county and at the county lines even STUPIDER is that we have a nice Walton County logo and directional sign design already in use! :bang:
 
When will the TDC start erecting signs in the south end promoting tourism in the north end? Im just curious. I want to see if the signs are going to be attaractive.:roll:
Be careful what you wish for.....unless you enjoy the traffic of Hwy 98 on a holiday weekend. (Or any time between the middle of May to the middle of September).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top