• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

T.S. Gamma

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
at200527_model.gif


I think I misspoke on another thread and called it Tropical Storm Gamma, but it is still a Tropical Depression at this time. Only 15 more days for the regular Hurricane Season. I hope they dont extend the season due to extreme circumstances.
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

Apparently if the storms keep coming, they keep naming 'em. I saw last night that there were a couple of named December storms in the last decade or so. :eek:
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

There is a HIGH RISK for severe thunderstorms today from the Great Lakes down to the Gulf Coast. The SPC is calling this a particularly dangerous situation in which some areas could see long lived damaging tornadoes through this evening--F4s and F5s maybe?
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

I think Hurricane Gamma jumped up to KY- our weather is out of control today. A huge stormy front is coming through later (tornadoes- how fun for November!), but the winds are already so strong that one trellis has blown down and another is hanging on by a thread. The good news is that most of the leaves have been blown off the trees and into the neighbors yards! :floor:

So being the weather freako that I am, I will be glued to weather.com the rest of the day. :bang:
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

jdarg said:
I think Hurricane Gamma jumped up to KY- our weather is out of control today. A huge stormy front is coming through later (tornadoes- how fun for November!), but the winds are already so strong that one trellis has blown down and another is hanging on by a thread. The good news is that most of the leaves have been blown off the trees and into the neighbors yards! :floor:

So being the weather freako that I am, I will be glued to weather.com the rest of the day. :bang:


I am a weather freako too! check out my photos in the member's section. I like to use weather.gov over weather.com. Weather.gov displays all of the warnings, watches and advisories for all of the contiguous States. Also, www.spc.noaa.gov is the site to the Storm Prediction Center, which displays all of the current watch data and also mesoscale discussion data--information about where new tornado or severe thunderstorm watches will go out before they are broadcast to the general public.
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

Freaky to be in Kentucky today. High of 78* and tomorrow's high if 44* !

The wind almost knocked me over a few minutes ago when I went to pick up lunch. The radio keeps saying we need to be watching for winds up to 60 mph with the possibility of a tornado outbreak.

And here I sit in my office seeing client after client discussing Bipolar issues and the neighbor is threatening to sue over the dog situation.

I wish I were at the beach!! :(
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

bsmart said:
I am a weather freako too! check out my photos in the member's section. I like to use weather.gov over weather.com. Weather.gov displays all of the warnings, watches and advisories for all of the contiguous States. Also, www.spc.noaa.gov is the site to the Storm Prediction Center, which displays all of the current watch data and also mesoscale discussion data--information about where new tornado or severe thunderstorm watches will go out before they are broadcast to the general public.


I think you need to go into meteorology, not law. :biggrin:

Unless there is meteorlogical law!
 
Re: Tropical Depression # 27 is brewing

bsmart said:
I am a weather freako too! check out my photos in the member's section. I like to use weather.gov over weather.com. Weather.gov displays all of the warnings, watches and advisories for all of the contiguous States. Also, www.spc.noaa.gov is the site to the Storm Prediction Center, which displays all of the current watch data and also mesoscale discussion data--information about where new tornado or severe thunderstorm watches will go out before they are broadcast to the general public.

That's the site I always check out too! Great information!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top