• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tacos autenticos

New posts

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
I highly recommend the taco joint next to Delta Kitchen (that place looked great today I was really torn). The condiment bar had great selection of salsas- two kinds of green, some typically thin SPICY guacamole only to put on tacos-that's why it is thin, a red chile de arbol salsa, a chipotle salsa also I believe- it was smoky. Finely diced pico that looked like the tomatoes had just fallen off the plant. For those who wish to put hair on their chest I suggest the tacos de chicharrones-a gelatinous glop of stewed pig skin in green salsa surrounded by two hand made tortillas. I gagged the first time I had that 10 years ago but no longer! I had two of those and two carnitas tacos. I will try a tamal next time if they are freshly made. I enjoyed it much more than the block building place that is a bit further south. It didn't feel dank and the ingredients really were very vibrant and fresh.
 
"a gelatinous glop of stewed pig skin"

Wow, I sure hope I have time to try this before I leave. :lie:
 
"a gelatinous glop of stewed pig skin"

Wow, I sure hope I have time to try this before I leave. :lie:

That didn't really rock my world either, but the rest sounds really good and I was not impressed with the other Mexican offering in Freeport.
 
It ain't always pretty but it sure is tasty! The pork rind tacos would be for the brave at heart. I was opting for humor to disarm but managed to gross out :lol:.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top