• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Taganale absolute auction

New posts
Which, the backing onto 30a or the lying about the bedrooms intended for this building?
 
Now I understand that this is no longer to be an Absolute Auction.


I could almost guarantee you the auctioneer is extremely upset. The property owner probably became frightened and changed to a reserve. This should not matter if one is interested in bidding, more than likely the reserve is low but you never know.:idontno:
 
I could almost guarantee you the auctioneer is extremely upset. The property owner probably became frightened and changed to a reserve. This should not matter if one is interested in bidding, more than likely the reserve is low but you never know.:idontno:

Do you know if we can do that without penalty? That may not be a bad financial move for someone who wants to get their property advertised extensively. Hurts the Auction Professional, but in the words of Santiago "it's called business"
 
It won't stop the advertising from drawing interest b/c it has already been advertised as Absolute Auction. I do think it hurts the auction profession to advertise as one thing, only to have the seller change their mind last minute.

Poppy, you are making a tremendous assumption that the reserve is low. Rarely, is the reserve low on these types of properties, especially if they are heavily leveraged.
 
Rarely, is the reserve low on these types of properties, especially if they are heavily leveraged.

I can't speak for National Auction Group, but that is your opinion and one that is not based on fact concerning the auction industry. At Roebuck, we actually turn down about 85% of the people who come to us to auction their property because either their expectations are unrealistic or they are over leveraged. Just like traditional real estate agents, we only get paid if the property sells. I have no interest in wasting my time or my seller's time if I do not honestly think we can get the property sold.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top