• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tap water and your ice maker

New posts

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Over here by Eastern Lake, the tap water was both stinky and bad tasting for 2 or 3 days, I'd guess Friday to Sunday. It's back to normal now.

Last night I couldn't figure out why my iced tea tasted awful, til I remembered I hadn't emptied the ice maker since the run of bad tasting water. Duh.
 
It's bad here, too. They say that it's due to a lot of algae growing on the lake from where our town gets its water. Thankfully I have a 5-gallon water cooler at home.
 
There is nothing like a filter on your refrigerator. Most of the filtered units filter all water coming through the fridge, for both water and ice.
 
Check it out and make sure the filter does both. Mine used to do only the drinking water and I changed it out to do both. We use a carbon filter, change it every 6 months. Does a great job, but then we have pretty good water here anyway.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top