• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

TDC bathrooms at Grayton Beach???

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
getimage.dll


This map was published in the Walton Sun last Saturday. They note Grayton Beach Access having rest rooms. Can someone please tell me where the restrooms are located at Grayton Beach, other than the Red Bar? I don't think squatting behind a towel should count as a public restroom. :idontno:

Also, Inlet beach is listed as being handicapped accessible, and having bathrooms. What they actually have for a restroom is a portajohn which even a walking person will find difficult to turn around in. If the TDC is going to publicly advertise this as being handicapped accessible, they might want to look into the laws regarding ADA (American Disabilities Act). That portajohn needs to at least be handicapped accessible for them to comply, as I understand the ADA laws. Who the heck is running that ship?
 
Last edited:
Isn't that the TDC again? They have a warped sense of truth in advertising and little regard for the truth in general and South Walton in particular.
 
You'd know if you had attended their monthly board meetings.
 
Money would be better spent on proper restroom facilities than UGLY blue signs!!!! :angry: I would rather use the sand and a blanket around me than a port-a-john! :creepy:
 
Money would be better spent on proper restroom facilities than UGLY blue signs!!!! :angry: I would rather use the sand and a blanket around me than a port-a-john! :creepy:
Got that right. If nature calls while running the Peachtree Road Race, we squat behind a dumpster rather than going into a stinky porta-potty.

The last time I was a Deer Lake, there were only porta-potties. At least the map is truthful that there is no handicapped access -- the ramp to the beach hasn't been replaced since the 2005 hurricane season.
 
Money would be better spent on proper restroom facilities than UGLY blue signs!!!! :angry: I would rather use the sand and a blanket around me than a port-a-john! :creepy:

I still say that the big blue signs could be converted into nice big metal toilets.
 
Sorry ya'll, but it makes me so mad when people take outrageous liberties with the handicap accessible classification....A port a john is not handicap accessible. I guess those in authority don't care and won't be there to help the person stuggling to get from their wheelchair to the toilet. It is semantic games with tragic consequences for those with diminshed movement.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top