Has anyone seen the TDC's Beach Safety Flag System's television commercials?
I am a tad bit upset about them. They have these small children going what the flag colors mean, then when it gets to the red flag, they say, "You can still go into the water, but not very far".
To me that is totally misleading!! Red means danger and I have been told by a very reliable source, that they hesitate to ever put up the double red flags unless someone has drown that day or the onset of a tropical storm/hurricane.
What do you guys think about this? Especially for smaller children red flags mean double danger. Most of the drownings happen during red flag days when people really should not be out in the water............
I am a tad bit upset about them. They have these small children going what the flag colors mean, then when it gets to the red flag, they say, "You can still go into the water, but not very far".

To me that is totally misleading!! Red means danger and I have been told by a very reliable source, that they hesitate to ever put up the double red flags unless someone has drown that day or the onset of a tropical storm/hurricane.
What do you guys think about this? Especially for smaller children red flags mean double danger. Most of the drownings happen during red flag days when people really should not be out in the water............
