• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tea Time!

New posts

Mermaid

picky
It's coming up to that time of year where nothing warms the soul better than a soothing cup of hot tea. Who loves tea? And what kind of tea? Black, green, herbal, fruit infusion...what are your favorites? What brands and flavors are tastiest to you?

I'm drinking a cup of Celestial Seasonings Peppermint tea and it's satin smooth ( I thought you could only say that about fine malt liquor but it really suits this tea!) And it electrified my sinuses when I inhaled the heady fragrance of the tea bag as I was waiting for the water to boil. That was an unexpected bonus. :lol:

I like the green tea I drink at Chinese restaurants but every time I brew it at home it tastes disgusting. I don't know if I'm making it too strong or too weak but I have yet to find a brand I like.

I'm addicted to the fruit infusions I buy at Trader Joes; doesn't matter what flavor but the red fruits are especially good.
 
If I don't feel like coffee I'll have Irish Breakfast. In the afternoon I'll have English Afternoon Tea or Earl Grey for a little pick me up. I know caffeine is all the same, but it seems smoother when you drink tea. Nothing knocks me out quite like Chamomile. Hubby loves the stuff with all sorts of fruit in it.

I did have a lovely recipe for mint tea.

6-8 pears diced
2 tbsp. honey
Juice of one lime
2 tbsp. sugar
Bag of mint tea

Dice pears and sprinkle with sugar. Then mix honey, lime, and contents of tea bag. Toss pears with sugar in the mixture and marinate for 1 hour in fridge. It's unreal on a hot summer day.
 
Last edited:
I used to drink hot tea, but quit for some reason. I remember liking Raspberry tea. I also like a good Earl Grey. Now, I like my tea iced and I like a half and half. :D
 
I loved Trader Joes Orange Spice Rooibus Tea -- but they stopped carrying it. (That drives me crazy about Trader Joes) Now I'm in search of another Rooibus or herbal tea -- I usually drink it at night, so no caffeine. Last night I tried their Spicey Chai Rooibus but it was too spicey. I like citrus-y. Any suggestions?
 
Earl Grey--hands down.
Drink a ton of the stuff in winter...no sugar, no cream, no lemon.
 
Mermaid, I went to the Celestial Seasonings building in Boulder, Co and went in the Peppermint Room where they store all the peppermint tea. UNBELIEVABLE sensation. I could have stayed all day.

I love all kinds of tea - but prefer to mostly drink herbal. Have a pantry full of CS. Am drinking decaf green right now.

G
 
I'm into White Tea these days. Better than Green some say. I especially like the Island Mango and Peach flavor by Lipton. There are several quaint tea rooms and antique shops up in DeFuniak that make for a pleasant afternoon event. Sanford and Sisters and Nook and Cranny are worth a try. The Big Store is a good place to pick up select tea, tea pots and gifts.
 
Silver needle tea from Teaavana or the Pistachio Apple is really good. I love that store, you can order it on-line also.
 
Mermaid, I tried lots of brands of green tea looking for one that is smooth and not bitter. I really like Long Life Organic Green Tea.
I get it from vitacost.com. Lots of teas at this site.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top