• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Thanksgiving Warning!!!

New posts
Hold on to your hats, do I have a Thanksgiving nightmare....

two people decided to make a sweet potato casserole...someone peeled the sweet potatoes and pushed them down the disposal. someone else went to wash some cooking utensils. the water came up both sides of the sink and wouldn't budge. someone else found some paper plates for dinner. someone else just called the plumber for tomorrow. someone else has a huge freakin mess in the kitchen. :wave:

Oh, and for more entertainment, Mr. K moved the router and modem and we lost all connections. I am on dial up! :floor:


:blink:

I am just thankful everyone in my house is still alive. :wave:

OMG. Conference call tomorrow please.:floor:

I'm in! Not early though! Alan is spending the night. ;-) Damn the vegetarian !!!! I knew nothing good would come of this! :floor:
 
:yikes:

:eek:

:floor:

:eek:

I've missed so much....
 
Hold on to your hats, do I have a Thanksgiving nightmare....

two people decided to make a sweet potato casserole...someone peeled the sweet potatoes and pushed them down the disposal. someone else went to wash some cooking utensils. the water came up both sides of the sink and wouldn't budge. someone else found some paper plates for dinner. someone else just called the plumber for tomorrow. someone else has a huge freakin mess in the kitchen. :wave:

Oh, and for more entertainment, Mr. K moved the router and modem and we lost all connections. I am on dial up! :floor:

I am just thankful everyone in my house is still alive. :wave:
This is exactly why we put in the most heavy-duty disposals we could find, both here and at the beach. Prior to that, *every* Thanksgiving Big D would have to remove the disposal and clear it out due to a backup. Not a pretty sight.

Sorry, Miss K. Hope your Thanksgiving Day turned out nicely.
 
I'm in! Not early though! Alan is spending the night. ;-) Damn the vegetarian !!!! I knew nothing good would come of this! :floor:

:floor::lolabove::funn::rolling::lol::clap:...oh man did I need that laugh! Well, I couldn't take it anymore and did a cheater wash on the cooking implements and silverware. Got the entire dishwasher loaded, even though it can't be run. At least I found part of the countertop.

Mr. K was on the phone with AT&T and Linksys Bangladesh for two hours (serves him right for moving the things in the first place) with no results other than the Linksys cable outlet is broken. But, after my genius of dial up, he has loaded something called AirPort Express and I have the DSL back for now.
 
There is no rhyme or reason:
  • On Thursday I ate until it hurt.
  • On Friday I ate leftovers at Mom and Pop Hop's (you can't just eat one turkey sammich there...homemade bread and turkey that was in the smoker just yesterday--holy schlamoley...)
  • Friday night I had more leftovers at Mom and Pop NoHall's.
  • The last few days I've been finishing off the cake, which only intensifies my ridiculous craving for ice cream (any day I expect to drive up to DQ and have them say, "Just drive around, ma'am. We've been expecting you.")
Needless to say, I've been skeered to get on the scale. But like I said, this has no rhyme or reason--I lost two pounds. Was it the sheer exertion of all the eating? Was it the cardiovascular benefit of Allifunn's [ame="http://www.sowal.com/bb/showthread.php?t=17910"]thread[/ame]? The irony here is that if I had attempted to lose weight, I would have gained five pounds.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top