• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

The Best Caramel Corn

New posts

bluemtnfriend

Beach Lover
I promise this is worth the trouble. I dropped some on the floor and our very well behaved Boxer, who never begs for food, snapped it up, put both paws on the kitchen counter, looked at the bags and whinned so piteously I had to break down and put some in his food bowl.

16 cups popped corn ( works out to 4 regular bags microwave popcorn)
2 cups light brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup butter ( do not use margarine, its a totally different taste)
1/2 tsp cram of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
Nuts optional
16 oz peanuts or pecans if you're southern and feeling fancy

Dissolve sugar, butter, syrup and cream of tartar over low heat, boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly, add soda, pour over pop corn. Toss to coat and bake in shallow pan 30 minutes at 250 degrees. Stir every 5 minutes or so.
Cool and bag.
 
definitely, I'll try it. Along with some caramel apples... Sounds like a great recipe.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top