• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

the best pizza

New posts
Did you know they are more than 50 threads mentioning AMORE?
 
and they have always been closed on Tuesdays, but I think I saw an add recently that they will be open for lunch on Tuesdays... :idontno: Where is our precious Olive?


Here I am! Out of town. We are closed on Tuesday. Gotta see my man some time!!

:biggrin:

Thanks for all the love!!
 
Amore is very good, no doubt. But it's just too far a drive if you are staying in in Seagrove or points east (at least for takeout). Spicy Noodle is pretty decent if you are on that end of 30-A
 
I used to love Gino's in Chicago. Never missed it when we were there, even though we also visited the five-star restaurants in Chicago, so it's not as though we have no sense of taste.

But my taste buds have gravitated towards a thinner crust with just the right amount of yeastiness, yet crispiness. My favorite pizza is the appetizer at Floataway Caf? in Atlanta with the perfect microgreens on top, along with other toppings. But Amor? is pretty good in comparison. When in Italy, I like a thin pizza Margherita, heavy on the fresh basil.
 
Amore is very good, no doubt. But it's just too far a drive if you are staying in in Seagrove or points east (at least for takeout). Spicy Noodle is pretty decent if you are on that end of 30-A

It's worth the drive...............
Their Ceaser's salad is good too! :wub:
 
Olive, Olive...remember to post a secret word for this Saturday because we're going to try to stop by for pizza on the way into town from Fort Walton airport! Can't wait -- that caramelized onion pizza is making my mouth water already.
 
I used to love Gino's in Chicago. Never missed it when we were there, even though we also visited the five-star restaurants in Chicago, so it's not as though we have no sense of taste.

But my taste buds have gravitated towards a thinner crust with just the right amount of yeastiness, yet crispiness. My favorite pizza is the appetizer at Floataway Caf? in Atlanta with the perfect microgreens on top, along with other toppings. But Amor? is pretty good in comparison. When in Italy, I like a thin pizza Margherita, heavy on the fresh basil.
Exactly. You can enjoy Chicago pizza while still indulging in the 5 star dining right around the corner the next night! Most who visit Chicago, do exatly that. Gino's is one of the oldest, too.
Now it's the Chicago hotdogs that I can't stomach. :puke:
 
Some Chicagoans swear by Chicago deep-dish pizza as being the "end all, be all." Some of it is really very good. And you hear disagreements & comparisons regularly. I've never tasted any from NY so can't judge theirs; it's probably wonderful. But it is all a taste preference. Like some Italian spaghetti sauces, their regions of Italy, etc. Mr. JR (born and reared in Chicago) does not like deep-dish, Chicago style pizza. Thinks it's all a bunch of hype.

But actually, Chicago pizza is probably thier claim to fame in the food department. ;-)

Most born & bred Chicagoans, myself included, prefer a good, crispy thin crust pizza and eat it far more often than the "deep dish" pizza the city is supposedly famous for. And for me, it has to be Italian Sausage pizza and it has to be cut in squares (which I've never, ever seen anywhere except for Chicago.) That being said, lately I just can't get enough Lou Malnati's deep dish pepperoni. Just seems to hit the spot more in this cold weather. I also loved Amore when I visited Sowal. But I can't honestly compare the three. They are distinctly different and all good in their own right.
 
Olive, Olive...remember to post a secret word for this Saturday because we're going to try to stop by for pizza on the way into town from Fort Walton airport! Can't wait -- that caramelized onion pizza is making my mouth water already.

I promise!;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top