
hard to choose only 1,
White Tuna sashimi at Sushi Rocks
Kobe beef burger at Gravel Road
and yes, the pesto chicken salad on croissant and Amavida.
Crawfish bisque, with crawfish heads stuffed with seafood stuffing.
In my mother-in-law's kitchen.
(This was hard - it could have also been seafood gumbo, roast with gravy, spaghetti and meatballs....all from the same source.
There was a really good story in one of Julia Reed's books about this question - she said that in New York, her friends always responded with a fantastic dish made in a great restaurant, and her Southern friends always responded with something their MeeMaw, or great-aunt, or Grandaddy made.
Yeah, I believe it. Us Southerners love our MeeMaw's cooking...even though we haven't tasted it in years! White tuna is a delicacy and it just melts in your mouth. I might have to go have some this evening!
Gosh, DD - I love to eat. And, I love to cook. I think the item that first reached out of my mind was a hard day playing in Mexico and stopping at a corner saloon for a cerveza and these out of this world tacos with salsa verde (yummy authentic food). I've never had anything quite like it since and keep putting the energy into the Universe so it will come upon me again!
Good news is that I might have this opportunity in Aug when I go on a dive trip in groovy areas of MX. ;-)

My Deda's fried chicken-hands down the best fried chicken in the entire world! I agree that us Southerners love our grandmother's cooking the most. Deda (my mom's mom) has my top 10 favorites easily! I can make chicken a lot like hers but her crust is the most perfect blend of tender flaky crispy goodness and I can't seem to get that down!!
Granny used buttermilk and only fried in an iron skillet that was neva washed.........yours?