• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

The Water and Sun!!!

New posts

LightWorker

Beach Fanatic
I simply feel in love with 30A twenty something years ago. I always stayed in Panama City Beach, three or four times a year, Laguna Beach or the Strip. I would take long drives. I slowly met some of the locals on 30A. The last vacation changed my life. I was all packed up and ready to go back to a good life....and I pulled over and cried like I had never cried before. That moment changed my life. I still love it here. We have more people, and homes, but the beach is just as beautiful as it was the first time I jumped in that warm water and let the sun, heal my soul.
 
The first wave that caught me change my mind. At around or pretty darn close to 8lbs. per gallon crashing in to my 6yr old body really got my attention.
 
Last edited:
I love 30 A area. I have been a vacationer to the PC, Grayton area since the early 50's. I can remember when the 30 A portion of our beach was so uninhabited, you could put your law chair in the middle of the road...that way your feet didn't get sandy and no cars ever came along. As PC has mushroomed, my family has grown more more devoted to the Grayton area. I love the peace and quiet.
 
I am truly blessed as well. I was kinda thrown into this area by an unusual set of circumstances I care not to dwell on. Too painful.
Now that I am here and am starting to get to know the people I will share the next couple decades of my life with, I wonder why fate took so long to find me. :wub:
 
Last edited:
Aww. This is a great thread, Lightworker!

Some of my earliest (and best) memories are of staying at my grandmother's trailer in Grayton with all my cousins in the summer! Gettin' up at dawn to the smell of breakfast on the grill, walkin' down to the beach and floatin' in the Gulf. We'd all come up for naps around 11:00 to avoid the heat of the day, and then head back down at about 3:00. Runnin' up and down the beach chasin' crabs after dark.

A few years back we started having an Annual Cousin Reunion and, even though my grandmother's gone now, and the old trailer's been replaced by a family-sized house, it's been so cool to see all the cousin's kids growing up just like we did. With the exception of a lot more people, Grayton just never seems to change... :wub:
 
Aww. This is a great thread, Lightworker!

Some of my earliest (and best) memories are of staying at my grandmother's trailer in Grayton with all my cousins in the summer! Gettin' up at dawn to the smell of breakfast on the grill, walkin' down to the beach and floatin' in the Gulf. We'd all come up for naps around 11:00 to avoid the heat of the day, and then head back down at about 3:00. Runnin' up and down the beach chasin' crabs after dark.

A few years back we started having an Annual Cousin Reunion and, even though my grandmother's gone now, and the old trailer's been replaced by a family-sized house, it's been so cool to see all the cousin's kids growing up just like we did. With the exception of a lot more people, Grayton just never seems to change... :wub:

Your story touches me. Thanks!

PS The muffinhead in your 'tar is adorable!!
 
:blush: Thanks, that's my baby, Rufus... :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top