• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tim Creehan Closes

New posts

Destinbarkeep

Beach Comber
  • No, Beach Walk is my restaurant for Seared Tuna in a Wasabi sauce served with Spinach. Just as I thought it could not get any worse with Yanni's closing. This is horable!
 
It is everywhere of course. A LA restaurant critic wrote a column recently reminding people to eat out and locally owned if possible. Seldom need a reservation out there anymore.

Same thing is happening here in Louisville, but one thing about the closings here, they have been mostly just east of downtown in an area where condiminium development came to a screeching halt due to the money crisis.

But, that said, I am afraid we haven't seen the worst here yet. I'm hoping that I am wrong, but after the holiday dinners and parties are over, I expect other restaurants to close.

January can be so bad for any business, but 2009 could be awful. I don't think people will spend like they use to but at least we have to eat and maybe we can use some dollars that way. Looking forward to coming down there soon and eating out at the local restaurants. Or at least getting the food to go. Happy Holidays.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top