• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Timing for Spring Break 2006

New posts
kurt said:
State rivals are never together.

You learn something new every day. That makes sense.
 
Thanks for this info, everyone. Correct that I don't want to be there during that time and correct that we will be monitoring renters carefully during the spring break period, if not blocking the house out entirely. I, too want T-Bag to just keep dancing, all the more reason for no dives from the deck into the pool. :eek: :eek: :eek:
 
kurt said:
Imagine Panama City when they get the 30,00 new rooms finished.

As I see it, most of the Mom & Pop Spring Break Headquarters' have been replaced by "upscale condos." I don't think owners of new "$400,000" condos will allow 10 college students to bunk and party in their units. Families with kiddies won't be able to afford the increased rents --or wouldn't want to hump up 20+ stories with an assortment of beach toys, umbrellas, blankets and sandy, sunburned kids in tow). Moreover, many of the places that were a "draw" for children (amusement park, goofy golf & arcades) have been razed to make room for.....CONDOs (and parking garages)...of course.

Destin, with its assortment of kids "gee-gaw" will still do well with families, but I expect cruises, Mexico and Texas will pick up the college Spring Break crowd more than ever before. I also think that as a result of the "changes" taking place at PCB, they'll have a bigger problem drawing summertime help from the college crowd and service may suffer a bit.
 
Donna said:
Thanks for this info, everyone. Correct that I don't want to be there during that time and correct that we will be monitoring renters carefully during the spring break period, if not blocking the house out entirely. I, too want T-Bag to just keep dancing, all the more reason for no dives from the deck into the pool. :eek: :eek: :eek:
:oops: :oops: :oops:
 
Agreeing with Shelly on that one.

Plus, Mexico has the advantage in that the kids don't have to worry about drinking age laws. As long as Cancun gets fixed up after Wilma in time, they'll get a ton of college guests.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top