• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

To: TheSheep

New posts
"... People who have cash on hand and want out are competing with this by lowering their price and bringing cash to closing causing further erosion of price..."



Before I left on Summer Vacation, there was speculation on the
immenent "turn-around."

I was afraid that I'd missed it.

Gotta run; been jumping into and out of S&P 500 index fund
most of the summer. am currently out but looks like I might be
jumping back in maybe early this week.


Capricious
 
"... People who have cash on hand and want out are competing with this by lowering their price and bringing cash to closing causing further erosion of price..."



Before I left on Summer Vacation, there was speculation on the
immenent "turn-around."

I was afraid that I'd missed it.

Gotta run; been jumping into and out of S&P 500 index fund
most of the summer. am currently out but looks like I might be
jumping back in maybe early this week.


Capricious

The news of an "Imminent Turn-Around" in housing has been greatly exaggerated...maybe you confused it with news of an imminent meltdown in the economy?? :confused:

.
 
The news of an "Imminent Turn-Around" in housing has been greatly exaggerated...maybe you confused it with news of an imminent meltdown in the economy?? :confused:

.

Oh, the meltdown in the economy isn't "imminent;" it's already here.

Back into the S&P index fund this afternoon; Don't think it's a "bottom"
but expect there will be a bounce of some sort to sell on. Been doing
Ok on the bounces:

Sold 08/05/05 @ 1284.88
bought 09/04/08 @ 1236.83
Sold 09/08/08 @ 1267.79
Bought 09/15/08 @ 1197.51

'course, I'm not bet'n the whole farm on this- just biding time
until it looks like a bottom, either in real estate or stocks or
whatever. Aint particular.


Capricious
 
Oh, the meltdown in the economy isn't "imminent;" it's already here.

Back into the S&P index fund this afternoon; Don't think it's a "bottom"
but expect there will be a bounce of some sort to sell on. Been doing
Ok on the bounces:

Sold 08/05/05 @ 1284.88
bought 09/04/08 @ 1236.83
Sold 09/08/08 @ 1267.79
Bought 09/15/08 @ 1197.51

'course, I'm not bet'n the whole farm on this- just biding time
until it looks like a bottom, either in real estate or stocks or
whatever. Aint particular.


Capricious

Remember the 2000 dot com bust? People ran to real estate with their funds to stay out of harms way. At least real estate is something tangible.
 
:cool:

<Insert frying pan-fire axiom here>



.

I hear ya', I'm just saying, I really do remember first hand seeing people run for cover to real estate during the dot com bust. I remember like yesterday people telling me that,"at least you can touch it, it's real" They were making comparison to leveraged paper.

Don't ya' remember Shell? JC
 
I hear ya', I'm just saying, I really do remember first hand seeing people run for cover to real estate during the dot com bust. I remember like yesterday people telling me that,"at least you can touch it, it's real" They were making comparison to leveraged paper.

Don't ya' remember Shell? JC

The people who said, "at least you can touch it, it's real" were either unaugmented hookers or members of the National Association of Realtors?.

Either way you slice it, two wrongs still add up to two wrongs. :idontno:

.
 
Last edited:
The people who said, "at least you can touch it, it's real" were either unaugmented hookers or members of the National Association of Realtors?.

Either way you slice it, two wrongs still add up to two wrongs. :idontno:

.

You've teed it up for me!! But, I'll pass on the juxtaposition of hooker and NAR members----my favorite independent contractor and 1/3 of the triumvirate of life's essentials (sex, drugs, and rock and roll).
 
Remember the 2000 dot com bust? People ran to real estate with their funds to stay out of harms way. At least real estate is something tangible.



As long as they got in early and did not stay too long.



Capricous



"...Can't you understand what's happening here? Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling. Potter's buying! And why? Because we're panicky and he's not. That's why...."
 
As long as they got in early and did not stay too long.



Capricous



"...Can't you understand what's happening here? Don't you see what's happening? Potter isn't selling. Potter's buying! And why? Because we're panicky and he's not. That's why...."


Isn't that what a lot of stock market investors do? The majority of active stock investors probably move stock at least once every 12 months. That's all I was saying, a lot of investors moved to real estate in the dot com collapse.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top