• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tofu

New posts
thanks everyone for your input, really appreciate it!:D


You could also check with Rachael and Ed at For the Health of it. I went vegetarian for two years lost 30lbs and never felt better. Started eating meat after I starting spinning at balance. I still probably only eat meat once a week. I have learned that the whole protein thing and meat is very over rated. One of my best friends is a body builder and has never eaten meat. If you have a balanced diet with lots of veggies, fruits, and whole grains your protein levels will be fine. The only time you may run into problems is if you begin working out at a very high level.
 
You could also check with Rachael and Ed at For the Health of it. I went vegetarian for two years lost 30lbs and never felt better. Started eating meat after I starting spinning at balance. I still probably only eat meat once a week. I have learned that the whole protein thing and meat is very over rated. One of my best friends is a body builder and has never eaten meat. If you have a balanced diet with lots of veggies, fruits, and whole grains your protein levels will be fine. The only time you may run into problems is if you begin working out at a very high level.



:lolabove: this probably wont be an issue for me Bobby J!!! ha ha ha...every once in a while I entertain the high level workout fantasy!
 
Make sure you consult your doctor before making a major dietary change so you don't end up with a vitamin deficiency or anemic.

I loves my different meats (total carnivore), but there are a lot of good vegetarian dishes now, not just hockey puck veggie burgers!
 
I wish I was a vegetarian, but I love to eat meat. I agree with Bobby regarding the protein being available in many sources with a balanced diet (like I know what a balanced diet is -- my mind does, but my body doesn't -- lol.). From what I hear from my vegetarian friends, they tend to miss the iron, so they make sure they make up the for it by eating things like spinach.

If you are getting amble protein from sources other than tofu, you might try cooking Portabella Mushrooms in place of tofu. I think they have a similar texture, if not a little more meaty.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top