• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Tornado Warning SoWal - [updated] - all clear

New posts
Re: Tornado Warning South Walton

FYI....there are also tornado reports in the Mary Esther area and in Houston County, Alabama near Dothan. Bay county looks like they are next on the hits list...
 
Re: Tornado Warning South Walton

The storm woke me up. I was napping on the sofa, with all the windows and doors open, then the driving rain sound and windchimes woke my butt up. I looked toward the door and windows, and the sky was completely yellow, even though the sun was about to set. I quickly woke up, like having drank a mug of coffee. Fortunately, it really never did anything, and now looking at the radar, it was several miles away from my house. I didn't even have to get up to shut the doors. I am lucky. The weather radar looked like that storm went right over Big Country's house. He says that the bonfire is cancelled, but the party will go on inside. I think the storm missed him. All is very dark now, outside.
 
Re: Tornado Warning South Walton

SoWal is now in the clear. Washington County now under a Warning. Near Redbay heading towards Vernon.....Look out DKA!
 
Re: Tornado Warning South Walton

The Ch 7 weather guy hasn't been outside for a while. The sun has set and it is jet black outside, yet he just warned people to not go outside to try to see the storm. Take cover kenny!
 
Re: Tornado Warning South Walton

dog is in kennel in bathroom, I am ready to duck and cover as needed, should be over my head any minute.

there are two more, panama city beach and tyndall afb

it just got deathly quiet here

my heart is pounding, this is so cool
 
Water spout went up Hickory St in Seagrove around 5pm. One house had the ceiling fans on the 3rd floor porch come down. Garbage cans moved up the street and chairs on balconies moved.
 
Just lawn furniture and outdoor plant issues here. Already straightened and cleaned up. Quite warm outside and drizzly.

Hope all else is well.


dka
 
:yikes: Was there any warning or was everyone surprised? Sounds like everyone is OK. whew.

The only warning that I had was our weather alert which activated just a couple of minutes prior to the spout/tornado coming ashore in the Grayton/Seagrove area.....

All reports so far have been minor damage with a couple of uncomfirmed reports of roof damage. No injury reports thankfully...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top